This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
    Preserved, protected or restored. Has to be a stand alone unit but could be part of a larger state, providence or national park. Just not a pond with a wetlands in a city or county or parish park. I would think that PUBLIC hunting grounds or land owned by the Nature Conservancy would qualify also.

Its a chance to get a tag out side of the city.

We have the Peshtigo harbor wildlife area near by here which on lake Michigan. Will have to cruise out there tomorrow if no one gets it and the rain quits. Been itching.to try out the bike wiyh the coil relay mod done. Didn't bet to ride it since but it sure ides a lot smoother and way more consistently then it did before.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
      Nobody railroaded you, you allowed yourself to be intimidated, this is a public forum, don't worry about what one or two may say, I ride a non GS, you can ride a Harley butt naked if you want (just keep yourself out of the pic if you do) It's "The Riding Game" not the GS game, this is probably the one of only a couple topics any bike goes. And as far as not owning a GS, we have several members who no longer own one, doesn't make them any less welcome, you'll find the majority of people here feel the same, I only own one last non running GS, and when it's complete, I'll sell it as well, and probably only buy one when it seems reasonable as a project and sell it off as well. I can understand if non GS postings start ending up in GS threads, which is why we now have other bikes and other projects to encompass those. But this is a non technical thread which it's sole purpose is camaraderie amongst each other, fun, riding, pictures, along with learning about places where all our contributing members ride...and the occasional BS slung around. So keep yer knickers on and enjoy!
      Thank you, I was getting worried there.

PS Whitedog mentioned a scooter.
      Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze that might be pushing it.

BTW Don't think I won't use the FJ1100 when she hits the road.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The scooter will likely never be legal ,and likely wont be ridden in daylight to a tag...Its stupid fun to ride though...at night..in short "blasts "around the neighborhood. it may top out at 35.. with the 4 hp 2 stroke making unhappy sounds.. i would find it funny to snag a tag with it once though....
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog
          That would be dorkburger with the scooter. Now maybe a trail 50 or a road legal pit bike........
          A gsxr 50, or a trailhopper ,or a Stinger (one of my favorite non gs suzukis) would be ...Awesome.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            A gsxr 50, or a trailhopper ,or a Stinger (one of my favorite non gs suzukis) would be ...Awesome.
            Sorry DB and WD for mixing you up, it's a short term memory loss thing.
            To tell the truth if it has less than four wheels and an engine I'm good with it.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Its all good, my friend
              sigpic

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Got caught in a down pour today, so I abandoned the effort.

Comment

Same here, we've been getting swamped every afternoon and evening. It's a drag, but our lakes have needed it for a couple of years, so no real complaints.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

The Ghost has got it.

A nature study area.....

......and NOT on a pink bike.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                      ...and NOT on a pink bike.
                      Maybe not, but I'm sure your new tag will be "your bike next to a space shuttle... or a creature only indigenous to Nevada....or your bike with the moon in the background at 2a.m. ...or something else nearly impossible

Comment

Next tag....

If that tag is accepted, the next tag is your bike and a paving crew.

Try not to get run over or in their way.

Eric
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Most construction sites are hazards for the workers alone, now you want people to add to it with their bikes and.....I don't understand you sometimes. I'm out till some sensible tags return.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                            Most construction sites are hazards for the workers alone, now you want people to add to it with their bikes and.....I don't understand you sometimes. I'm out till some sensible tags return.
                            I guess that's what happens when people help enable a banned member to play...

When he is gone, I'll play again...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Looks like the new tag is a paving crew. Be safe getting this one.

Comment

I don't see what's so hard or dangerous. Roads have side roads, pull on the side road and take a photo. Bada bing, bada boom, done. I'll get this tomorrow no sweat. Well it's been in the mid nineties and factor in the humidity and were looking around 105, so there will sweat, but no panties in a wad. Geeeze what a bunch of weenies.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X