X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it can't be bought at a local hardware store, it counts

Comment

I could have gotten one today, but I wanted to find something vintage. Besides Tank said he was on top of it. I had a nice 75 mile ride to and back from a semi local swap meet and picked up an old Ducati shop manual for 5$.

Also saw this scooter for sale y'all might find interesting. $300 asking price I sold my mower for $500.

Since I'm playing show and tell might as well show my latest find, a 77 750 I picked up for $300. Normally I wouldn't pay over $200 for a titled bike that doesn't run but it turns over (60 psi per cylinder, but it sat for 3 years and they were even across the board) and it came with some goodies that are worth more than to $100 extra. Thinking on finally doing a 750 café again.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Nice scores Rick!

I went past where I usually see these decades old snapper mowers, but there was no mowers this time.

Comment

If you slowpokes don't find something, I'll have to go and take another ride for the original tag I was going to get before sidetracked by all the thunderstorms. I might go anyway just for fun!

Comment

I have a possibility down the road, I couldn't get it 2 up. Thick sugar sand road, but my memory wont total recall if it's a mower or a tractor. I'll need to think of a new tag that's close or ya'll will have to wait till after school late night, early morning to post it. Took the 650L trade bike for a test ride before I deliver it tomorrow. Fun little bike, but way too small for me.

Next tag a vintage beetle. Not a new model, it must be 1974 or older.
            Last edited by gsrick; 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Did nobody notice the new tag? Old V Dubs shouldn't be too hard.
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Nope, Don't get an email notification for an "edited" post. Good tag, I like it. Anybody should be able to get this one...

Well, maybe not Tank, lol...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Lol, I'll keep my eyes open on the way home but more than likely I wont see any VWs.

Comment

Dang! This one caught me with my pants down, or more correctly with my Suzuki down. Got the front end off for new fork seals today or I would have this one. There's a bug/sand buggy a fewmiles from me that would have been perfect.

Rick, which bike is that one in the picture? Nice.

Comment

another bug fail

There has been one for sale near me for a while. It was an older one with the cooler non sealed ,bubble-esque headlights. Went by this evening.....its gone.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Funky shop about 30 miles from me.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

New tag is a Funeral Home.
                          Times have changed, this one is more like a Banquet Hall. In fact it is licensed so you can have a beer or nine at a wake.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

When I get off work I've so got this of no one else does.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                              Nope, Don't get an email notification for an "edited" post. Good tag, I like it. Anybody should be able to get this one...

Well, maybe not Tank, lol...
                              Sorry, never thought about that. Only new posts from now on.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by fivestring View Post
                                Dang! This one caught me with my pants down, or more correctly with my Suzuki down. Got the front end off for new fork seals today or I would have this one. There's a bug/sand buggy a fewmiles from me that would have been perfect.

Rick, which bike is that one in the picture? Nice.
                                It's an '83 650GL that I picked up to flip. I've been working on a 79 750L that had alot of issues, for a local kid(Marcus) that I hope will be joining the game soon. He was told by the PO it only needed a few minor things. Yeah right. So, I picked up the 650 as a possible bike to flip, trade or offer as an option for Marcus if the 750 was a no go.

This is his first bike and the 650 is a better bike to get your feet wet on. So now I'm going to eithes trade the 750 for an 81 1100E that has the head off or finish it up for sale. I would fair better selling it, but I want the 1100E to show the deadbeat mechanic that screwed me on a resto deal we had 3 years ago. (long story and $1,500 lighter with nothing to show for it, but a disasembled 1100 engine, a rough 1150 fairing and some receipts for the money).

I've been talking to the guy for around a year, but he'll only trade for a running bike. He just want's to ride and who doesn't. The only thing I'll be losing really is cost of all my labor time and in return I get a misshng piese to my collection.

Here is the 1100E please ignore the awesome seat, it will not be apart of the deal. I also have some nice body work from a 750E that looks like the bike I was suppose to get.

This is the bike that was suppose to be restored for my first GS.

This is the 79 750L that is said to have a big bore kit.

Think the awesome maroon seat will match the pea green paint job?
                                Last edited by gsrick; 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X