X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funeral home...

sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Next!

Bust, statue,etc of a famous historical person.

There is a peculiar little town in NJ called Roosevelt. Built in the late 30s, it was originally called Jersey Homesteads, And with federal help, was to be a co-op, and a place for the Jewish Womens garment workers to set up shop. It never became self sustaining, despite lots of help from the government. It was renamed Roosevelt shortly after FDRS's death, hence the memorial. The original arcitecture is mainly cinder block houses with flat roofs. Quirky, but well kept, with more modern homes added thru the years. the town was also a known artists community later on.

sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That truly is one gawd awful green, Rick.
        The 1100E will be a sweet ride. Is it lowered?

Now just where did I pass that statue the other day?...
        Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fivestring View Post
          That truly is one gawd awful green, Rick.
          The 1100E will be a sweet ride. Is it lowered?
          It has solid struts on the rear, so I guess someone wanted a dragbike?
          No doubt that green is butt ugly and it's transparent. It's very smooth, but you can see the bondo work under the green. The green is sprayed right over the chrome on the fenders. The calipers battery tray and the flat area in the center of the swingarm are painted red, while the rest of the swing arm is glosr black. Somebody went through a lot of trouble and effort to make it that way. If I trade it, it's staying that way. If I have to sell it, it will get some old skool hot rod treatment like the mower, satin black silver and red.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I love satin black. I just completed my do over on my 1100G and about half the bike is satin black.

Gonna be doing a pair of xj650 bobbers in the exact color scheme of your mower. Then I'm gonna ride with a sleeveless tee, long shorts and converse sneakers with no socks.

On topic, I'm headed to work in a little while and figured out where that statue is. Gonna nail this tag..
            Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I must say Rick, I wish you were 1500 miles closer. I would be very interested in that 650 for my son.
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                I must say Rick, I wish you were 1500 miles closer. I would be very interested in that 650 for my son.
                Sorry Spyder, but the 650L has been traded for the 750L. Ugy green bike.
                I'm also working on another trade deal that popped up for what was going to be a buyer of carb parts. He has a barn find GS1100ez or et, not sure. I guessing a late built 82. It has the 82 Champaign color and silver engine, but the title supposedly says 83.

The Guy is heading for ALA, to trade an air box for an old CB 750 chopper frame and was going to cut the head set off and use the 1100 engine in the chopper. I have nothing against that since I would like to do the same thing, but cut up a titled 1100 no way. I have an 80 850 I was going to fix up for a friend of the family, but he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get his permit. Sacrifice a 850 head set with title, to save a 1100 is a no brainer, ad to that a 750 16v and a couple of wheels and trade city.

GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I've got my eye out for a 550-650L for my son. Preferably in rough but workable shape. 500.00 or less kind of deal. He would like to learn to fix them up, and I would love to teach him...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I've got my eye out for a 550-650L for my son. Preferably in rough but workable shape. 500.00 or less kind of deal. He would like to learn to fix them up, and I would love to teach him...
                    Find him a 650 Tempter, you know it's lighter and easier to learn to ride, and 2 less cylinders to work on.

Comment

The tempter is only a 2 jug??? There is one right around the corner from him. Black one, really good looking bike. But I'd swear it's a 4 jug...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

Comment

The tempter is only a 2 jug??? There is one right around the corner from him. Black one, really good looking bike. But I'd swear it's a 4 jug...
                        all Tempters--2 cylinders

Comment

Hmph, maybe this one isn't a Tempter then... It looks very similar to mine, just newer.
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

Comment

Some of the same year 750es look similar, don't have the chrome rear fender, 4 cyl and a few other differences, but look close.

Comment

I'll try to get a better look next time I'm over there.
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

Comment

Back to our regular scheduled bat channel, I'm going out today into town, I think there might be a statue, otherwise, the only one I'm familiar with is downtown Cleveland area, and I don't intentionaly ride to any large city.

Comment

Working...
                                X