X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a pair of old silos.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Seeing as the Art Gallery was a no-go, it occurred to me that you have to know your audience so the next tag is a strip joint/gentlemans club.
      Should be an easy one.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I figured I would be in the clear as far as patrons and owners go at this time but a few girls were waiting for ride so I could just get a picture of the sign. If it counts I'm about to get a really fun tag.

Comment

What's the next tag?
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Covered bridge is the next tag!

It was a beautiful ride down to find it. Lots of fall foliage and clear skies. Got to take my girlfriend down for the ride as well. A+ way to close out the season

Comment

Hey, I know that bridge. If I get out tomorrow, I might even think to grab a pic in the same place.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by orourkei View Post
                I figured I would be in the clear as far as patrons and owners go at this time but a few girls were waiting for ride so I could just get a picture of the sign. If it counts I'm about to get a really fun tag.

That looks like a sad sad place to be. I'm depressed just looking at the picture.
                No signature

Comment

Covered bridge is the next tag!

It was a beautiful ride down to find it. Lots of fall foliage and clear skies. Got to take my girlfriend down for the ride as well. A+ way to close out the season
                  Same bridge from the other end:

How about a closed road for the next tag?

From the other side, it's even more closed.

Since it's closed for a bridge they're not fixing, I guess any decommissioned bridge would work too.
                  Dogma
                  --

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Is that the closed road just past the bridge? I was cramped for time so I couldn't do any exploring.

Comment

Is that the closed road just past the bridge? I was cramped for time so I couldn't do any exploring.
                      Yep. I had been to both ends before, so I knew what I was getting into. There is at least one more bridge in the area that hasn't been repaired. I'm drawing a blank on the name of the road right now. It's kind of remote, so the sign is full of bullet holes. The bridge at Wilmington road was out for a while, but they seemed to think that one was worth replacing. Which is nice, because now there is a little traffic to keep that new pavement clean.
                      Dogma
                      --

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

I haven't forgotten about this game as I've been riding quite a bit, sometimes with intentions of getting the tag....but feeling the groove and not wanting to interrupt the ride by stopping for pics.

Comment

Man I miss playing the game. Weather's great and I'm on one of my bikes everyday, but just no time to play. Work in the morning, school at night, church, family, honey do list, and projects on the weekends. Even if I can get a tag, I don't have time for a good next tag. Most times I can't get on a computer till after midnight to post it. Besides, I've used up my covered bridge options anyway. Those that can, keep it going.
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                            I haven't forgotten about this game as I've been riding quite a bit, sometimes with intentions of getting the tag....but feeling the groove and not wanting to interrupt the ride by stopping for pics.
                            Agreed. I find that sometimes looking for a tag interrupts my follow my (big) nose mindset, but sometimes it serves to get me off of my bum and go out.

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                            Man I miss playing the game. Weather's great and I'm on one of my bikes everyday, but just no time to play. Work in the morning, school at night, church, family, honey do list, and projects on the weekends. Even if I can get a tag, I don't have time for a good next tag. Most times I can't get on a computer till after midnight to post it. Besides, I've used up my covered bridge options anyway. Those that can, keep it going.
                            Rick, I miss your participation, but fully understand family obligations. My to do list has grown as of late, and I am currently sidelined with a dead battery ( just realized that its nearly 6 years old ) hopefully with this weeks overtime, I can buy one, and hopefully the approaching cold weather will come slowly.....I hope to get another tag or 2 this year...
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Just for fun, run with it if you want.

Being in a co-administrator capacity of the riding game, I tried to get the game going by visiting the only other covered bridge I know of. Sorry, but it was GONE.
                              I had a next tag already to go before it was discovered GONE. On the way to the GONE bridge I took a few photos of what might become a future shop. It is also a recent tag a closed business or shop.

It has a little art deco look to it and needs a lot of work. The guy that bought the '79 750/850L owns it and wants to open a shop to sell scooters and I'd get the mechanic work plus a place to restore and sell bikes. This wont be till after I graduate almost a year from now and lot can happen before then.

Why am I showing you this? We'll just across the road is another recent tag. Actually the tag just before the covered bridge.

Hoochie coochie club.

Now as co-administrator, I have the power to wield and force cooperation for the good of the game. Such as is, I will not do so, but I will offer these items as an option, to get the game moving again.

If participating players agree to take this mission on, the proposed new tag will be a historical land marker.

This was found down the road from Charlie's place, AKA, Old Daddy. Took the wife to try out his '81 450S, which I'm glad to say will become the newest member of "The Herd". I've thought this was one of the nicest looking 450's on GSR and will give it a place of honor.

Here's the wife trying it on for size.

Looks like a great fit to me.
                              So the ball can be considered back in play as it were or if the last poster would prefer to get a new tag to get the game going thats fine to, but it's over 2 weeks and we need to move the game along.
                              Last edited by gsrick; 11-18-2013, 10:00 AM.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

So what's the tag? Does it gotta be a land marker or was there another choice....I get confused easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X