Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... I took this one a long time ago for another tag. Had to ride it down a sidewalk just to get to the seawall. Man did I get some dirty looks ! Lots of possibilities here.... { not the tag }

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

Nice tire tracks across the grass!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yeah that's where the Parks Board picks up the logs that float in. If you look on the beach you'll see the ones they keep for people to lean or sit on. When I was a kid I thought all beaches in the world had logs on them and wondered where they were when my family traveled to California. There is an access road but it's gated.
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          When I was a kid I thought all beaches in the world had logs on them and wondered where they were when my family traveled to California.
          Saw a short log on the beach in San Diego, went to sit down on it. Noticed just before sitting that the log was actually a dead seal. I prefer the ones made from dead trees.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Saw a short log on the beach in San Diego, went to sit down on it. Noticed just before sitting that the log was actually a dead seal. I prefer the ones made from dead trees.
            Did you give it a good clubbing? Just to be sure it wasn't "playing possum"?
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

From time to time the piles of logs can get 15 feet or more high. Then the trick mountain bikers arrive. Some of them are pretty good. I looked on google but couldn't find a video. You can borrow my club any time Tom....
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                Did you give it a good clubbing? Just to be sure it wasn't "playing possum"?
                I didn't smell like it was playing possum. Maybe some Canadian Club would have helped with that.

Comment

You'd need more than Canadian Club if you'd sat on that thing and it was bloated.....
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Illegally parked in front of fire hydrant and vehicle facing wrong direction...two violations, unless you live in England, Bermuda, or some other former British colony.

Comment

Next tag

An excuse to try out your rain gear. In front of a body of water (puddles don't count) showing rain dimples...in the spirit of choice you can fill the tag with a lake, river or pond based fire hydrant also in pic.

Comment

That's a damn fine looking machine you've got there. Love the color scheme. Not many silver bikes out there anymore.
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                          That's a damn fine looking machine you've got there. Love the color scheme. Not many silver bikes out there anymore.
                          It matches the retro back rest.
                          For around the price of a project GS bike I bought it 3 seasons ago and not ever one to give the GL500 a second look, it has been a great bike after 5k miles. More room for 2 up riding than my old K100, enough torque out of the Guzzi type v-twin to get up over mountain passes with a passenger and full travelling load, the bike at 450 lbs is surprisingly nimble around the curves of VT and NH. The shaft drive and mono shock eat up the country roads, sounds like an old BMW 650, and keeps chugging along. Once I got rid of the goofy stock hbars, recovered the driver's seat, and did routine maintenance on it, it has been cheap entertainment for my wife and I. She likes it because it's not fast like my Bandit and a whole lot more comfortable for her.
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Enough said. If the wife likes and will ride on it, it's a keeper.

I still think those engines are crazy looking. Lol...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

Comment

Not sure I'm doing this right...

Was the last post/tag for an illegal parking job in front of an abandoned building?

Easy one to pull off here in the D.

Comment

I'm finally going to get my bike out and try to participate. What's the next tag?
                                1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                                1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Working...
                                X