Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
    I keep an eye on these ads if it's a bike I may be interested in.

I save all the information, then wait three or four months. After that time, a call or an email to the guy asking if he ever got the bike running, and does he still need help. Inevitably it's "No, I guess I should get rid of it or part it out".

Using this method, one can sometimes pick up a pretty nice, almost functioning bike for $300 or so.
    With one exception, usually they've already sold the tank, carbs (first 2 things to go) and had previously cut up the exhaust and frame, thrown away the airbox, so that leaves wheels and a engine left for salvaging, not worth the effort, if they even had a title to begin with. Which brings me to another repeated point, where the F are all the titles, and what makes them think it's so easy to re-title these pigs, some states, sure, but the most, either make it damn near impossible, not worth the expense or time it takes to do it.

Comment

If American Chopper ever goes off the air, we may see a decrease in the savagery. Else, we will continue to see Paul Jr. wannabees with torches and black spray paint plying their trade.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
        If American Chopper ever goes off the air, we may see a decrease in the savagery. Else, we will continue to see Paul Jr. wannabees with torches and black spray paint plying their trade.

Duane, we can only hope.

A big part of the problem is the low cost of admission, when bikes can be picked up for cheap. I only wish they understood how nice these bikes really are, rather than being fixated on their "artistic statement"

Comment

I think the lack of serious safety inspections in most states also encourages this nonsense. You couldn't remove doors and fenders from a car along with the mufflers and turn signals and hope to register it. I just hate to see classic bikes being destroyed.
          And what are they smoking to think they have anything of value left?

Comment

shocks? struts? padded seats?

NO SEAT AT ALL!

Comment

American Choppers...it's like Sex and the City for Harley riders. Except theres a buncha homophobic men and ugly motorcycles.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
                American Choppers...it's like Sex and the City for Harley riders. Except theres a buncha homophobic men and ugly motorcycles.
                When the show first came on I enjoyed the fabrication, even if I don't give two pennies for choppers. Now it's just reality show BS. Screw that noise. WAY too much reality TV on these days. It's like all that is on now.

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
                  No front brake either. Translation.........no brakes.

I will bet that these things are bought my a significant number of people that don't know they need to have decent brakes on a motorcycle and end up getting themselves dead or in the ICU. It really should be illegal to operate a motorcycle on the road that does not have both brakes.
                  Last edited by earlfor; 05-17-2012, 04:27 PM.
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
                    So it must be a trials bike?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      No front brake either. Translation.........no brakes.

I will bet that these things are bought my a significant number of people that don't know they need to have decent brakes on a motorcycle and end up getting themselves dead or in the ICU. It really should be illegal to operate a motorcycle on the road that does not have both brakes.
                      In most states it is. Brakes are one thing, the radical surgery on the frame is a big worry. Let's not even talk about the handling issues.

Comment

6 speed??? Find someone in Jersey and transfer it twice??? That's 200$ in title transfer alone! No you have almost 700 into a half a bike that won't be worth half of that after you dump twice that into it! The human is really a stupid animal by nature... The term "A$$ Clown" pops into mind...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

email this posting to a friend vancouver, BC craigslist > north shore > for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters - by owner
                          please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
                          prohibited
                          spam/overpost
                          best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
                          1980 suzuki 750 bobber - $3700

Date: 2012-05-16, 7:53PM PDT
                          Reply to: 72vcw-3020275520@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                          1980 suzuki gs 750 bobber,
                          One of the kind with only 24000 km, complete restoration,
                          Custom designed and remodeled by dead pirate motorcycles
                          All Carburetors are rebuilt and all new parts, new tires
                          Bike is in great running condition and very fast.
                          It won't last long.
                          Thanks for looking

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3020275520

'83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                            It looks more ridable than most of what we have seen lately.

Comment

Baffles me to see some of these prices...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I've seen the some of the same bikes for sale year after year, so ask what they want, but what they get....

Comment

Working...
                                X