No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't seem too bad at all, if I was nearby I'd be on that like white on rice.

Comment

Originally posted by 81gs1100 View Post
      Doesn't seem too bad at all, if I was nearby I'd be on that like white on rice.
      Pfft, wait until August when his wife has been bitchin at him another 2 months - Buy the whole thing for $500 and fix and flip it
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        "I will be right there I just have to cut the lawn real quick"
        http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...ower-_17369402
        Can you imagine going 65 mph on those tiny front tires?

Comment

Whoa, cool! Ive never seen one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
            ... looking for motorcycle mechanic that has worked on a 1974? goldwing 1100gl. ...
            First of all, there were no '74 Wings.

Second, the 1100 did not arrive until 1980.

Third, all the rest of the BS.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
              That is awesome, looks like a factory cafe. And it must be a 4 valve single cylinder, interesting.
              I've never heard of that model. One question, what is with the oil lines running along the right side of the engine? At first I thought they would go to a front-mounted oil cooler, but that does not look a cooler to me.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                That is awesome, looks like a factory cafe. And it must be a 4 valve single cylinder, interesting.
                I've never heard of that model. One question, what is with the oil lines running along the right side of the engine? At first I thought they would go to a front-mounted oil cooler, but that does not look a cooler to me.
                It is based on the XR600 dirt bike engine.
                It has a dry sump and the oil is carried in the frame.

Eric

Comment

Obviously a misplaced decimal point. $64.00 sounds about right.
                  l
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                    It is based on the XR600 dirt bike engine.
                    It has a dry sump and the oil is carried in the frame.

Eric
                    That's an FT 500 ascot in different form. Too expensive for me.
                    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

'84 GK in New York

A little bit high don't you think?
                      Nice looking bike though even though it looks unfinished to me.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                        that's not a bad price, I saw one go for over $10 grand on ebay not too long ago. Of course, for $6200, I'd go buy a brand new Royal Enfield G5 with a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                          that's not a bad price, I saw one go for over $10 grand on ebay not too long ago. Of course, for $6200, I'd go buy a brand new Royal Enfield G5 with a warranty.
                          The GB 500 didn't sell because it was bog slow and cost as much as a CB 600 Hurricane

People who wanted a big single bought the SRX 6, which had a lot more of everything.

The GB is pretty, but I don't know why it would be that collectible
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                            The GB 500 didn't sell because it was bog slow and cost as much as a CB 600 Hurricane

People who wanted a big single bought the SRX 6, which had a lot more of everything.

The GB is pretty, but I don't know why it would be that collectible
                            As a rule, cafe bikes should be able to do the ton. I doubt that bike got over 85, I had the same motor in my FT500 and it topped at 87. And it took an hour to get up to that speed.
                            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

My '87 XR600R has a speedo and I have seen it over 95 on gravel roads while thinking that I probably shouldn't be taking sweepers at that speed on knobby tires like a dirt tracker.
                              The frame is currently cracked and leaking oil as some fool likes to take jumps that are a bit too high and far on it.
                              I will have to weld it and add some braces to the lower tubes.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X