No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that bike belong to Prince? It just screams Purple Rain to me.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    A little bit high don't you think?
    Nice looking bike though even though it looks unfinished to me.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
      The GB 500 didn't sell because it was bog slow and cost as much as a CB 600 Hurricane

People who wanted a big single bought the SRX 6, which had a lot more of everything.

The GB is pretty, but I don't know why it would be that collectible
      Probably because it was only in the US for 89 and 90. It has the look of old British singles, but with Honda reliability. I wouldn't pay $6200, never mind $10,000. I like them, but that's too much money.

Comment

If that, , that, , THING, was in great condition it wouldn't be worth 6400 ! ! !
        Doesn't look like it has a useful part on it!
        An accident??? did it get hit by a truck? Or run over by several of them???
        Damn! I need to quit looking at this thread. Too many of these goofy sellers need a swift BOOT TO THE HEAD ! ! !
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

It was either placed into a very large trash compactor or a car crusher is my guess.
          Not even worth scrap metal prices now.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            The GB 500 didn't sell because it was bog slow and cost as much as a CB 600 Hurricane

People who wanted a big single bought the SRX 6, which had a lot more of everything.

The GB is pretty, but I don't know why it would be that collectible

The GB is a cool little bike, paying tribute to the classic look. Maybe Honda was a little too ahead of its time. I remember them sitting in the dealerships, until they practically gave them away, like $1900 new. I was tempted, but then there were also new Yamaha Radians in the same situation.
            Trouble was, I still loved my GS1000 more.

Comment

Funny guy!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                Probably because it was only in the US for 89 and 90. It has the look of old British singles, but with Honda reliability. I wouldn't pay $6200, never mind $10,000. I like them, but that's too much money.
                here's one in CT:

1989 HondaGB500 - $7900 (Burlington)

Date: 2012-05-10, 4:51PM EDT
                Reply to: fm3jp-3008061334@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1989 Honda GB 500 Original 2,200 mile 2nd. owner, all orig. except battery. tires still have nubs on them, even the chain has never been adjusted. comes with factoy shop manual. This is a 23 year old museum piece. $7,900.00. better to call than e mail. 860-675-3957

Comment

"All original"
                  I guess that they came from Honda with a Super trap exhaust.

Eric

Comment

Anther funny one. Katana

Just a little damage, laid down once. Gently, no doubt.

Eric

Comment

Just once. On the freeway. While I was stunting at 90 mph. It was gentle set down, btw.

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Nice bike.
                          That unit in trade, might get him a totaled '72 Toyota pick up but I doubt anything '02 and newer.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/3029275974.html

Just a little damage, laid down once. Gently, no doubt.

Eric
                            Not even a Katana, it's an RF, not very reassuring that he doesn't know the difference.

Come to the BMV to get the title??? Hahaha, wonder what's the catch? Fees?

Comment

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post
                              Not even a Katana, it's an RF, not very reassuring that he doesn't know the difference.

Come to the BMV to get the title??? Hahaha, wonder what's the catch? Fees?
                              I'm thinking that he was drunk and they took his license and impounded the bike.
                              The State Police impound lot is behind the DMV.

Eric

Comment

NICE description

Yes - this is the complete ad.....Must think CL charges by the letter in the description.

Bike - $6500 (Sandwich illinois)

Date: 2012-05-25, 9:05AM CDT
                                Reply to: brpnd-3037148662@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X