No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The answer to this one is easy: crashed hard, bent everything up front, and so it's time to check in the barn to see what might fit on there.

Comment

Originally posted by spchips View Post
      This is too good. I want to keep it here for posterity.

Date Listed 21-May-12
      Price $2,000.00
      Address Ottawa, ON K1J 7L2, Canada
      View map
      For Sale By Owner
      Make Yamaha
      Model XS
      Year 1983
      Kilometers 19000
      Engine Displacement (cc) 650
      Colour Black
      Real bike for sale. Vibrates like a real bike should. Not for women or nancy boys. 30 years old, and wears its scars and fades proudly. Are you man enough? Cause it ain't for sissies and grand prix racer wannabes trying to impress the other little boys. The real bike goes about her business with style and class. Stir her innards with a manly prod of the kickstart and she will burble to life, purring contently. But don't rush her, she ain't no fuel-injected pretty face, she has carbs, as real bikes do, and if you don't warm her up before slapping it in gear, she'll buck and kick, and you'll be stuck eatin chips on the sofa instead of ridin hard. As she enters her third decade, she knows what she want's, and if you neglect her needs, she might throw you a curveball or two, nothing serious mind, but she needs to know you're paying attention. So if you're the type of boy whose face drains and heart palpitates when you push the start button and nothing happens, put your testicles back in your purse, open a Gawker account and practice your irony, cause the real bike ain't for you. She ain't no featherweight plastic fantastic UFO. The real men who designed her didn't have some Peter Pan Titanium-Borax-Carbon-Carbon-Carbon ****e to work with. She's made from steel and aluminum and copper and chrome, the stuff that won the war. Her older sisters came to life in 1969, and they were conceived even earlier than that. They were hacked out of solid metal by master swordsmiths, some bloody great roller bearings were chucked in the general direction of the crank and camshafts, and a legend was born. They were then sold by the boatload for about 15 years before real bikes became a thing of the past. She was designed by men who oiled their own slide rules and spent their evenings puking up Sake on the bullet trains on their way home, not poncing about rendering 3D cad designs and writing endless ECU code. The upshot of all this is, the real bike can be fixed with a screwdriver, a hammer, and two cans of Faxe 10%. If you are man enough of course. If your idea of a tool box is a credit card, go ahead and mince about on that shiny V-Star 650 or your CBZQLPDRRRRRRRRR600RRRRRR in your new Zox full-face, go buy some KY and take the reaming the dealer has in store, the real bike ain't for you. But if you fancy something different, and owning a bike is part riding, part wrenching and part learning, if heaven on earth is a slow cruise in the countryside with a two beer buzz, the real bike is waiting for you. Be a real man, and buy this bike before some perennially aggrieved metrosexual flags this ad as inappropriate

I think I should call him, say I like the style and color, but would he sell it without the motor, since I want to put an electric motor in it.

Comment

Don't miss this bargin !

Comment

The "original owner since age 14" would know that it has a typical syntrifigul (spelling) clutch. Nothing "2 speed about it". I just sold a 71 in much better condition for 900 last year.

People...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
            Have to say that I want to ride that thing! Don't think I should own it though. I'm fairly certain I would die on that thing. Can you just imagine something that light with that much power?!?
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
              Have to say that I want to ride that thing! Don't think I should own it though. I'm fairly certain I would die on that thing. Can you just imagine something that light with that much power?!?
              a friend of mine built a quad same frame with a zuk 650 engine it was awesome but geared wrong it topped out at 55 and my 02 400ex had as much acceleration with more top speed looks cool but loud,over rated, unpractical, gas guzzling, waist of time...lol just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by bubby View Post
                a friend of mine built a quad same frame with a zuk 650 engine it was awesome but geared wrong it topped out at 55 and my 02 400ex had as much acceleration with more top speed looks cool but loud,over rated, unpractical, gas guzzling, waist of time...lol just my opinion

Then somebody didn't have it setup right, I rode a 550 honda on a warrior, damn fast and powerful, rode a gsxr 750 quad, scary fast, would easy do well over a 100, I've got a warrior frame, modifies for a XJ600, geared right, will have plenty of power and still decent top end, these kind of things are mostly for trail riding.
                The one on craigs is a pile of sh%%, no thought, just clobbered together, mine will use the original fuel tank and plastics.

mine still needs a lot of work, it's currently only mocked up, havn't had time as of late, but will finish it this winter.

Comment

thats why i posted it wasnt geared rite, im sure if you geared it for a higher top speed it will be fun to ride theres no doubting that. i just dont see even the most experianced riders goin that fast the fun trails have turns, hills, mud holes, jumps all thangs that i see this being impractical for . if you wanted the salt flat record on a quad it would probably do well ( when i want to go in a straight line i hit the highway, for some serious technical rides i hit a twisty trail or the track) ......love the idea of the same engine in my bike in a quad frame but when he burned up his motor i assumed it was from lack of air flow and when you turned hard the oil pressure light would come on im thinking this was probably due to the G forces not keeping the oil in the pan where the sump could pick it up maybe could be addressed with baffles but after all i really dont know as much about these old engines what are your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by bubby View Post
                    thats why i posted it wasnt geared rite, im sure if you geared it for a higher top speed it will be fun to ride theres no doubting that. i just dont see even the most experianced riders goin that fast the fun trails have turns, hills, mud holes, jumps all thangs that i see this being impractical for . if you wanted the salt flat record on a quad it would probably do well ( when i want to go in a straight line i hit the highway, for some serious technical rides i hit a twisty trail or the track) ......love the idea of the same engine in my bike in a quad frame but when he burned up his motor i assumed it was from lack of air flow and when you turned hard the oil pressure light would come on im thinking this was probably due to the G forces not keeping the oil in the pan where the sump could pick it up maybe could be addressed with baffles but after all i really dont know as much about these old engines what are your thoughts
                    probably use an oil cooler with a fan, will have to experiment.

Comment

1981 gsx 750 gc near complete

Not Craig List but an Ozzy equivalent.

If you look real close here you may see an odd part or two missing.

A bargain I would say

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
                        Not Craig List but an Ozzy equivalent.

If you look real close here you may see an odd part or two missing.

A bargain I would say
                        "near complete"????
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

Comment

Pure awesomeness..........

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post

WOW, I wonder where or if he went to school.

Comment

What a monstrosity

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                                At least he was honest about his butt getting sore...that doesn't look comfortable at all.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X