No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, you don't see many Voyagers up for sale. You post this one up this evening, and I saw one in a driveway today with a FOR SALE sign on it.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by haztoys View Post
      Do people realy sell these bikes at the numbers they ask...?
      Dunno. Wouldn't YOU pay $5k for a POS hardtail with an old vertical twin? (Do those side cases say Yamaha?)

Bobber bike sell or trade (Ottawa , IL 61350)

Date: 2012-08-20, 7:13AM CDT
      Reply to this post
      Reply to: see below

Im wanting to sell or trade my bobber chopper bike .
      $5000.00 obo

looking to trade for powersport item
      Such as Newer yamaha yfz 450 , honda 450
      Nice 4x4 quad
      Rocket 900 or bigger
      aluminum car trailer
      Rat rod
      Newer Snowmobile
      or Restore 1976 1977 yamaha srx sled
      815/seven,nine,one/one,four,zero,three

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
      PostingID: 3217103306

Comment

http://muskegon.craigslist.org/mcy/3220166090.html
        i would be scared to ride this

Comment

Originally posted by bubby View Post
          you put your emoticons in the link, so it doesn't work. Here's the right link:

Comment

Originally posted by bubby View Post
            Truly unrideable......I swear that looks like it was in a wreck. Heaven help us, the hack jobs are unforgivable.

Comment

Note he said he had a "standing" offer, since whoever is crazy enough to buy this will not be riding but standing a lot.
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I, as well as the majority of the members on this site, would MUCH RATHER have two bikes like yours
                and have some money left over for gasoline than have that abortion.

Eric

Comment

Not from Craigslist but still WTF

So much fail...

From: http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=410995
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-24-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Way more effort to look stupid in public than the average nut-job for sure.
                    The custom seat adds a nice touch to the combination. NOT!

Eric

Comment

I like the bars the most, the top triple must be a chin rest.

Comment

Some truly creative engineering going on there, I'll have to give him that much.

However, ... The seat is not the only thing that caught my eye.
                        It looks like he has "L"-style handlebars on there, but upside down.
                        The exhaust pipes don't even extend to the bottom of the frame.

The trailer hitch/tongue is a true engineering feat, though. I had to look rather closely to see how it works. Apparently, those tubes that cradle the rear wheel are connected to pivots at or near the swingarm pivots, so the trailer can move up and down. Effectively, in the vertical plane, the trailer tongue is about three feet long. In the horizontal plane, it pivots right at the front of the drum. Like all single-wheel trailers, it tilts with the bike.

Creative, but UGLY.

sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

A dirtbike bobber? This is a first, and only $1200!

My creation of a Rat-style Enduro lowered and bobbed out. Running a rebuilt carb, dual shocks and skateboard seat with custom rear fender and side mounted tail light/license plate bracket. Everything works minus gauge lights. I'd like to get 1200obo. Just want to sell at this point. Call 925-808-5365. Located in Sacramento.

Comment

yeah...im thinking the price is a little to much...

Comment

Wow, how pitiful. A skateboard seat monkey butt time. And it ugly, just a parts bike IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Niklas View Post
                                yeah...im thinking the price is a little to much...
                                No it's not.

It's a LOT too much.

sigpic
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                                X