Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Typo, right? Supposed to be $650? Maybe $1650?
    I dunno, A friend of mine moved from Quebec to Ontario with a old 80's corvette he bough for $4000 that cost him under $1000/yr in insurance.
    In Ontario they wanted $4900 a year for the same car.
    He ended up selling it, it was pretty sad.

I had a few friends in my youth who were paying $350+ a month insurance. One was paying $425/m after only having a speeding ticket on his record.

And those examples were from 15 years ago now!

I know the rates drop after you turn 25, but younger people will always pay more in Ontario.
    Also if he has a learners permit he wouldn't find anyone to insure him, and IF he did, the rates would be astronomical.

Can't even rent a car in Ontario if you are under 25.

Makes me appreciate my $10/m here in Saskatchewan!

Tank

Comment

They must bash into each other daily to justify those costs.

And I thought the drivers in BC were bad.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Im in Ontario and my GS11 is $600 a year full coverage and I just found Vintage insurance for $425 full coverage.
        My Fiancee who is a new driver is paying $3700 with a learners in a top line 2006 Altima.

I pay $2100 for my newer Civic.

So rates are not cheap but not outrageous.

Living in Vancouver I think I paid $1600 for my old Mazda truck..

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Typo, right? Supposed to be $650? Maybe $1650?
          Kent, unfortunately not a typo.
          If that guy who is 18 and a new rider wanted to ride a new sport bike he could have been quoted $9,000.00. Insurance costs are crazy up here.
          My 60 year old sister recently got her bike license through the local college course. She is tiny so i fixed up a '79 Honda Twinstar CM185. Her 3 quotes ranged from $800-$1250.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Kent, unfortunately not a typo.
            If that guy who is 18 and a new rider wanted to ride a new sport bike he could have been quoted $9,000.00. Insurance costs are crazy up here.
            My 60 year old sister recently got her bike license through the local college course. She is tiny so i fixed up a '79 Honda Twinstar CM185. Her 3 quotes ranged from $800-$1250.
            Is that for full coverage or just liability. Here in NM, my liability runs $104 a year.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              Is that for full coverage or just liability. Here in NM, my liability runs $104 a year.
              For the new Sport bikes, IF they will take you, full coverage is mandatory.
              In my sisters' case that was just liability to get the bike on the road. She rode for one year and parked the bike in the shed.
              I have had my M license for 40 years, currently zero tickets on record, ride a Vintage bike and am lucky to be paying just under $500.00 for full coverage.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hahaha classic! And he apparently really likes jumping??

1983 Yamaha XS650 Bobber Custom #23 Cafe Racer - $2000 (Walla Walla)

What's up Cowboys. Enough with the nonsense, I really would like to sell this motorcycle. I could use the money.
                Hungry wife and kids, mortgage, and my dog just ran away. Bye bye, miss American pie.
                I was looking at the title the other day, and I realized it was an 83', not an 81'.
                That means this bike is two years newer than the last time I posted this ad.
                Am I going to raise the price now that its newer? No, I'm not that kind of guy.
                I'm going to do you one better. I'm going to LOWER the price.
                By a dollar? Maybe Twenty dollars? No son, this'll make you holler,
                I'm lowering the price by another $500 dollar.

CALL OR TEXT ME AT: 5 four 1 nine 6 nine, 9 four 8 four

1983 Yamaha XS650 Custom Bobber

Drag bars
                Runs great
                Rebuilt carbs
                Fast and loud
                Fires up on first kick
                New rear brake shoes
                Lowered front and rear
                Functioning speedo and tach
                Fancypants foam and chrome grips
                Has electric start (if you're a woman)
                Straight pipes wrapped because awesome
                Passenger pegs (yes you can fit two people on it)
                Seat blacksmithed from random metal with legendary hammer
                Seat professionally wrapped and stitched, passenger said she loved it
                Painted tank comes with new set of decals if you dont want to rock my artwork

Oh but wait. Did you really think I would repost the same ad without giving you even MORE?
                Well I'm here to tell you thats not the case, not by a Texas mile.
                I realized the bike wasn't sold yet because it needed one more modification before it became the baddest bike in the sandbox.
                Then I saw it. The bike looked like a train.

So I BLACKED OUT the whole front end because that's what you do when you want to look intimidating.
                You're Welcome.
                Here's a picture of the new headlight that isn't even afraid of night.

Remember how I told you I was going to take some pics riding in leaves? Yea well I don't have patience for that.
                Its October and the leaves around here are planning on staying on the tree till next year.
                So instead I took pics in the rain. You can't even really tell it was raining, but it was.

Call/Text me at: 541-969-nine 4 eight 4

Here's more pics, call or text me, maybe. If you have cash and are lazy, I can bring the bike to you, baby.

Comment

Total classic! I like this guy. He is selling me a bike AND top notch entertainment.
                  Christopher Walken.....now I cant stop doing my impersonation of him in my head. HA
                  Great ad.

Comment

Not so much a "funny" but it does have comprehension.
                    It might be able to help you fix itself.
                    Anyone near Atlanta want a neat project?

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      For the new Sport bikes, IF they will take you, full coverage is mandatory.
                      In my sisters' case that was just liability to get the bike on the road. She rode for one year and parked the bike in the shed.
                      I have had my M license for 40 years, currently zero tickets on record, ride a Vintage bike and am lucky to be paying just under $500.00 for full coverage.
                      Wow, only time you have to pay for full coverage here is if there is a loan on the bike. Then the lender requires full coverage, other then that, liability is the only thing required. It is up to the owner if he/she wants full coverage.
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bevo View Post
                        Im in Ontario and my GS11 is $600 a year full coverage and I just found Vintage insurance for $425 full coverage.
                        My Fiancee who is a new driver is paying $3700 with a learners in a top line 2006 Altima.

I pay $2100 for my newer Civic.

So rates are not cheap but not outrageous.

Living in Vancouver I think I paid $1600 for my old Mazda truck..
                        Another interesting thing is that in BC your driving experience is based on how long you have held a drivers license but in Ontario your driving experience is on given credit based on how long you have had a car insured in your name. So essentially in BC you could not have drove a car for 20 years but held a license and be given credit for a 20 year troule free driving record. Weird Eh? When I lived in Ontario 10 years ago I was paying 2100 a year for a car. I pay $1200. here now. It is for sure way cheaper to insure not to mention easier for the first time driver to get insurance here.
                        No signature

Comment

Damn dude, $500??? I feel bad for the guy but he must have a head injury to be asking that much for a wrecked bike.

1982 Yamaha xj650.

Was running great and daily drove it all summer. Crashed it last week and want to just get rid of it. Would make a great restore, bobber or cafe racer project for someone. Frame and engine are still good, forks took most of the impact

Still starts up

clear title, pink in hand, reg paid through june 2013

38k miles

3 month old tires

fuel systom was completely gone through three months ago, tank kreem treated

nice seat

Asking $500 obo

(7O7) two35-729O

Comment

$1800- CAFE RACER 1976 HONDA CB 350 - $1800 (gilroy)

I have a 1976 HONDA CB 350 in good condition, runs, all lights work,

Needs Tune Up, 3rd owner

$1800

you pick up.

if your interested call (four-0-eight-six-6-seven-one-two-two-8)

I think its gonna need more then a tuneup... It has no airbox or pods. And a sheet for a seat cover

Comment

Or for oonly 5000 you can have this...

200 ultima kit bike,100"rev tech,6spd, new!!!!! - $5000 ((just west of walworth))

Date: 2012-11-01, 12:50PM EDT
                              Reply to this post Reply to: 8fhcm-3379401615@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

lots of top of the line parts here.....add it all up.....i think it's a good deal!

ultima 200 mm frame with mso....new

10 over narrow glide 35mm with dual disc spool wheel 300-21 tire

rev tech 100 " engine w/9000 miles on it....came from a previous build and comes with copy of title and bill of sale,takes s&s carb and has mikuni adapter attatched...ran real good with the mikuni~~~!!!!

two exhaust systems., a vance and hines megaphone 2 into 1 , and a wrapped shorty header...

32 amp charging system.

single fire ignition...just add your favorite coil....

has a mikuni adapter on it...manifold s&s ready!!

solid alum rear wheel with 180 55 18 tire.

new ultima 6 speed with mso.

new independent tank company stretched sporty style tank with flush pop up cap...over $600 original retail..

new drive belt...used pulley..still needs a spacer.

frame set up for softtail rear brake, takes stock and most custom billet set ups!!

i would entertain offers to break it up if you if you just want certain components.

still needs a primary set up, an oil tank and a fender to complete.....and usual small stuff!

would consider trades of a GOOD 4x4 pickup...ext cab a plus.....a pre-60 moPar or studE coupe,a nash metro,,or any really nice old car.

SCAMMER SPAMMERS:I USE SPAM=COP....I REPORT!!,

thanks for looking and ride safe!!

sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                              1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Gimme the tranny and engine, hate hardtails.
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X