No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, everyone knows that to cash in, and sell a pseudo cafe racer,one must cut the back end off , and install clubman bars....As the pool of good restoreable bikes shrinks..I don't have a a problem with modified bikes, but when one is hacked up to try to cash in on a trend and turn a quick buck, i find it annoying.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Mark View Post
      you know you build custom bikes when you get carried away with the gloss black and yellow paint. not to mention the custom bobbed seat and fender.
      i like how he left the stock roto tiller bars.
      If he had left it original and just cleaned it up and tuned it up, it probably would have been worth $1500.00. Now, it isn't worth 1/4th of that. Actually, as far as I'm concerned, its worth nothing now.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by selzer85 View Post
        $5000 and their not even street legal lol. Well you they say there's a sucker born every minute.
        A new Segway is something like $10,000 so if this one's in good shape that's not a bad deal. The only problem with Segways is that there isn't exactly a huge demand for them. They don't get you anywhere much faster than walking and you can't use them in crowded areas. Their core market is pretty much rich kids and Google employees.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
          Hey, a 16 valve chain drive 850T. Someone on here should snap that up.
          Uh, pretty positive there never was an 850T.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            Uh, pretty positive there never was an 850T.
            You missed the sarcasm

There was never a 16V 850, either
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
              A new Segway is something like $10,000 so if this one's in good shape that's not a bad deal. The only problem with Segways is that there isn't exactly a huge demand for them. They don't get you anywhere much faster than walking and you can't use them in crowded areas. Their core market is pretty much rich kids and Google employees.
              ......and rent-a-cops at the mall.

We've rented them at the lakefront in Milwaukee - supposed to be some kind of alternative to walking the paths around and thru Veterans Park. Actually quite tiresome because you're just standing all the time. At the end of an hour, my back was hurting more than if I'd been walking.

Comment

I've always been a fan of custom jobs but I wouldn't pay $3500 for this one

1981 XS 650 Yamaha Runs strong. "Rat Bike" 3,500.00 Call 615-533-3045

You'll have to click on the link for pics. I've always loved riding a well done bobber or chopper but this one could have used a few more trips back to the ascetics drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by selzer85 View Post
                  http://nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/3607500701.html

1981 XS 650 Yamaha Runs strong. "Rat Bike" 3,500.00 Call 615-533-3045

You'll have to click on the link for pics. I've always loved riding a well done bobber or chopper but this one could have used a few more trips back to the ascetics drawing board.
                  $3500 for this?

Even if he left off one of the zeros in the price, I would have a hard time justifying spending $350 on that.

I don't see any brakes at all on the front, and can not see any activation mechanism for a rear brake.

Interesting can on the exhaust, though. If wonder if it is actually a muffler or just a hollowed-out boom can?

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                    You missed the sarcasm

There was never a 16V 850, either
                    I was thinking that too, but wasn't positive about that. One should at least know what they have before trying to sell it...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      $3500 for this?

...I don't see any brakes at all on the front, and can not see any activation mechanism for a rear brake....
                      He's got a cable running to the brake lever on the handle bars....but it looks like his throttle gets streeetched when he makes turns
                      1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
                      sigpic
                      My GS550 Build

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                        He's got a cable running to the brake lever on the handle bars....but it looks like his throttle gets streeetched when he makes turns
                        For 3500 I would at least expect a high quality paint job and a rear brake.
                        I wonder how that exhaust sounds though.

Comment

I've always wanted a Kawisaki Katana- this guy sounds knowledgeable!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                            I've always wanted a Kawisaki Katana- this guy sounds knowledgeable!

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/3665996753.html
                            I don't get it, clears says SUZUKI all over the bike and what are roaders?
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Who cares what roaders are, that Kawasaki comes with new ones. I've tried pricing roaders and I imagine they're quite costly as I haven't been able to find them anywhere. This alone makes the bike worth every penny he is asking.

Comment

1974 cb360t - $5500 (northside indy)

1974 cb360t $5500 firm. Everything is new and improved or rebuilt. Like all new brakes, lines, hoses, gaskets, lights, forks, shocks, chain, seat, mikuni carbs, dyna coils, etc. and painted in all shades of black. Bike runs and feels great. Could use some fine tuning on carbs but other than that the bike is perfect. Txt 765-2five6-07fivefive anytime.
                                Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Working...
                                X