• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He turned this into that?
    Oh my....

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
      Hey guys, did you know we were riding Hondas?

Hahaha, peoples blind ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

Reminds me of this fool I saw, it was such a fail that I just HAD to take a picture!

Comment

Originally posted by Danesa View Post
        He turned this into that?
        Oh my....
        There is a unending supply of those capable of turning diamonds into poop.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Without trying TOO hard to do the math.... didn't they make the 850 from '79 to '83 model years....that would be FIVE years?

Another overpriced hack job....it's an "L", but still....

And I guess putting a G tank on a GL makes it 'custom'

82 Suzuki GS 850 Bobber/Cafe - $3200 (Milwaukee)

1982 Suzuki gs 850 Bobber/Cafe. Custom tank, seat, rear fender, straight bars, thermal wrapped 4 into 1 MAC exhaust. Flat black paint. Rebuilt carbs with Dynojet stage 3 jet kit. Accel coils, plugs, and wires. New tires ,brakes, battery. 23k miles. Runs/starts great! Rare engine; 850 only made for 3 years. call 414-750-5196
          it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
          Posting ID: 3889574675 Posted: 2013-06-23, 10:49AM CDT

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
            And I guess putting a G tank on a GL makes it 'custom' ...
            You are sort of correct on the years. Here, in the USA, we only had them from '79 through '83, but other parts of the world got them through '87, and I have heard that some of the left-over '87s were sold as '88s.

The tank on that bike is not a G tank, it appears to be the correct tank for an '82 850GL. It was enlarged from about 3.5 gallons in '81 to about 4.5 gallons in '82.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              You are sort of correct on the years. Here, in the USA, we only had them from '79 through '83, but other parts of the world got them through '87, and I have heard that some of the left-over '87s were sold as '88s.

The tank on that bike is not a G tank, it appears to be the correct tank for an '82 850GL. It was enlarged from about 3.5 gallons in '81 to about 4.5 gallons in '82.

Yeah, I was referring to the US versions. Either way then, his claims of "850 only made for 3 years", and "custom tank" are bogus, as is the price...

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                Without trying TOO hard to do the math.... didn't they make the 850 from '79 to '83 model years....that would be FIVE years?

Another overpriced hack job....it's an "L", but still....

And I guess putting a G tank on a GL makes it 'custom'

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/3889574675.html
                I see, take one of the greatest all around bikes, strip it of functionality and saftey and then make it into something you couldn't sit on for more than a half an hour, rare indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                  Hey guys, did you know we were riding Hondas?

I've talked to him. The only thing the bike needs is a rider...and a title!

Comment

I dropped him a very civil note, just saying a "heads up because I'm SURE you don't want to mislead potential buyers", and wished him luck on getting that kind of $$.
                    He did write back, saying the tank was from a GS550, because he "liked the lines and it set the engine off better". Pretty subtle change, I'd say.
                    He didn't respond to the actual years the 850 was produced, nor about the price.
                    Probably one of those people who think it's worth whatever they've got into it, plus X%.....

Comment

gs1000 hardtail chopper - $4200

Epic turd?

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
                        To add insult to injury, ... it's a shafty!!

The other two pictures with the ad only add confusion, at least until you read the text.

Different tanks, different bars, front fender/no fender, exactly what is he selling?

gs1000 hardtail chopper - $4200 (columbus)
                        gs 1000 hardtail bobber, chopper. shovel head tank, shaft drive, around 10xxx miles. tons of new parts. has drag bars now with green paint but the apes will go with it.
                        sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

You want to hear something funny Steve?When I realized it was a shafty I though "good he didn't butcher up a nice bike".I'll slink off to my corner now.

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
                            $4200 for that? What a joke, and a bad joke to boot.
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                              I'll slink off to my corner now.
                              . . . . . . .

sigpic
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                                Been thinking of a track day bike for some time, and i run across this!...
                                1986 honda vfr 750 sportbike crochrocket - $750 (san antonio 78248)

— first pic and i'm saying "OH HE*L YES!!!!!"

— second pic and a bit confused, but still thinking "ATM, now!!"

— 3rd pic i'm going, "Uh..."

— 4th, Uh-oh...

— nevermind

he's not going to be able to afford a very luxurious " hause "
                                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                                80 gs1000s

Comment

Working...
                                X