No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least with an entrenching tool he can give the poor Shovelhead a decent burial. What a waste of a 98" kit...

Comment

What is with that seat??

The seat looks like crap and appears to be attached to a piece of plywood, along with the taillight and "new signals".

I may not be rebuilding my bike very fast, but the 2 years of work he's done certainly doesn't justify the price, yet he's FIRM on it.

For sale is a '81 Suzuki 650GSX motorcycle. This motorcycle runs well and sounds very good. It also starts very well. Purchase of bike comes the shop manual.

Price: $2000 firm. NO OTHER OFFERS ACCEPTED.
      TEXT ONLY: 3zero8.2nine3.one706

Work I have done:
      I have put a lot of work into this bike over the last 2 years. Here is a short summary of the work done:
      - Restored orignal air management system complete with all orignal factory parts.
      - Carburetors haven been dipped, cleaned and rebuilt by Great Plains motorcycle
      - Custom molded airbox to hold K&N air filter
      - New rectifier
      - New stator
      - New driain plug (it was stripped when I purchased the bike)
      - New signals
      - Custom seat
      - Fuel tank cleaned on inside
      - Clubman handlebars
      -Valves adjusted
      - Tensioner tested
      - New gaskets

Work needed to be done:
      - After riding for 15 mins or so the engine revs tend to remain around 3k (carbs probably need balanced which I have not done yet)
      - Clutch cable adjuster needs replaced. The original one is not working.
      - Choke cable can be a little stiff to pull. It most likely it just twisted.

Why am I selling this:
      Some of my priorities in life have changed. Love this bike, but need to move forward.

I am looking for a mature rider who is willing to fix some small remaining issues.

Price: $2000 firm. NO OTHER OFFERS ACCEPTED.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
        The seat looks like crap and appears to be attached to a piece of plywood, along with the taillight and "new signals".

I may not be rebuilding my bike very fast, but the 2 years of work he's done certainly doesn't justify the price, yet he's FIRM on it.

A plywood seat and he worked on it for two years but can't replace a clutch adjuster or synch the carbs. Hmmmm Gotta think on this. heh
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

..apparently, he wants it this way...

Custom Rat Bobber - New Skool Ironhead Rat Rod (Van)

Custom Rat Bobber - New Skool Ironhead Rat Rod serious offers only will be considered. This is a custom 2013 U-Built registered Suicidal Cycle & Rod skinny-frame scratch-fabrication.

See youtube video here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3FxAFbstQc

thx

(apparently this was MADE to look like it was dragged out of a cesspool...yikes)

Comment

So here`s my addition to Craig's list funnies. This has got to be worth a giggle. I`m really digging the body work.
            Mike

CLmilwaukeeall for sale / wantedmotorcycles/scooters - by owner

Reply v2dmm-3909212475@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
            Posted: 2013-07-02, 10:27AM CDT
            Raddest scooter ever - $300 (Lower east side)

I can't believe I'm finally selling the beast but it has to happen. Gotta make room in the garage for a motorcycle. For sale is this badass little scooter covered in stickers from all the places I've worked and held together with duct tape because somebody Chuck Norris'ed the back end. Model is MZ Moskito. 49cc. Haven't gotten it started yet this year. Needs a carb cleaning and a little love. After that it'll be your fun little summer toy. Message me with questions or to come see the sweetest ride on the lower east side.
            sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
            1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Better link to raddest sccooter ever

Comment

1985 Suzuki GS "RearTire"

Can't get over the Rear Tire and asking price of $10,000!

FRAME UP RESTORATION...just about 400 miles on this bike since completed !!!

This bike was professionally built by a motorcycle shop in Connecticut (Lew Cycle & Sled) and is currently for sale by him......

this is a frame up restoration. This bike was a completely stock bike when it was purchased.... the bike was taken down to the frame and restored. Piece by piece. the frame was painted...and everything else was either painted, powder coated or replaced with OEM parts(if possible). everything we could replace with oem stuff was done...like grips, turn signals, horn, mirrors, levers, etc. the motor was taken out and EVERYTHING was done to make it new and slightly bigger. its now a 1230 cc with lots of stuff inside. even the tranny was sent out to be undercut

the swing arm was a one off custom fab done by Toce Engineering in South Winsor Ct. they did an amazing job. even getting a newer gsxr 750 shock to fit inside the frame and swingarm. if you looked closely...look at the rear rim. they cut out the center section of the stock gs1150 rim and pressed/welded into a 300 wide tire hub. they even fabricated the stock rear braking system, so we could keep it as stock appearing as possible. both front and rear rims were powder coated gloss back.

what was done to the motor?...Cam motion G2 cams ,1.5mm over intake valves,1mm over ex valves, ape springs, cylinder stud and nut set, ported head, megacycle welded rockers, prepped crank (not straight cut gear )Vance and hines billet clutch basket, Full undercut five speed. new clutch (steels/fibers as well)

the stock fork tubes were slightly pitted...so we took them apart and got new tubes...and rebuilt the forks....new decals on the forks...after the bottoms were powder coated. even the reservoir was repainted. the lower tube was sandblasted and powder coated as well

we upgraded the ignition to a Dyna 2000 ignition with dyna mini coils.

it has a Vance & Hines sidewinder header with real large ports. it has been powder coated with temperature resistant coating so it will last a long time. we customized so it could be street driven and keep as much ground clearance as possible...and it sounds real good with a brand new Vanes & Hines megaphone muffler.

we even took apart all the brake calipers and fork reservoirs and sandblasted them, rebuilt them and painted them the same gold from the factory...every bracket was powder coated or painted. that includes the handle bars and triple trees headlight bucket and trim ring, foot levers and pegs, engine mount brackets..you name it..... had hundreds of dollars in powder coating.

we added the Kiehin 39mm FCR carbs. and it took several tries to get the right jetting to get it to run perfect. we have a in-house Land & Sea dyno..and the O2 sniffer helped us get it as perfect as possible. you should know these carbs aren't easy to get and aren't cheap either.....so not only is the bike new...it is correctly tuned to optimal performance.

n20 kit has everything you need for a wet kit. all the nozzles spray into the rubber boot for carbs. kit needs one or two wires to be completed. we have never used the kit on this bike. nitrous bottle was repainted and a brand new decal on the bottle was added. custom brackets were made so the bottle hangs out where it can be seen

the plastics were all removed and repainted...they look brand new. the seat was taken off, some foam removed...and all the fabric was replaced.

Call Lew at 860 643 7966 ..Tuesday thru sat from 10am to 6pm

$10,000 or best offer or trade for HD Road Glide
                Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2013, 03:59 PM. Reason: Format

Comment

That stretched swing arm, totally destroys the aesthetics. What a shame, all that work and then make it ugly.
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

That badonkadonk isn't worth $10K, sorry.

Comment

Ain't quite a drag bike and ain't quite a street bike. Someone will likely buy it though.

Of course you can get a Hayabusa for around half what they are asking.

Comment

That looks absolutely ridiculous! What a shame...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Here's a dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by farmall View Post
                            Here's a dandy.
                            Hmm, bike was in her name and she is selling it for $100...I think she just screwed herself instead of the ex.
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hell from the sounds of it she will be a $100 ahead and after going to the bar with a "good looking guy" maybe she wont be screwing herself after all. lol

Comment

This bike has found its way to the Cleveland CL.
                                Been for sale a long time. He probably wishes he just left the darn thing stock.
                                Its the 1150 with the 300 WIDE rear tire. haha 10,000$$

Comment

Working...
                                X