Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Not usually a good sign if the seller doesn't even know what they have.

Comment

Are you making fun of that seat? Hate to say it but I am thinking about something like that for mine.

But it does look kinda weird.

Comment

good find. if he knew what he had he would ask more, if I were closer I would grab it
        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
        80 gs1000s

Comment

Steel swingarm I would say its a 750
          sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
          1994 gsxr1100w
          1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post
            Steel swingarm I would say its a 750
            oh good catch. I thought it was an 1100 with a changed out headlamp. I emailed the guy asking if he had the title LOL
            82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
            80 gs1000s

Comment

Ask him if he has all the stuff that goes on the back, too.

It appears to be missing everything behind the seat, no cowling, no tail light, no fender, etc.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Perfect example of the big fad all the squids here love so much...

Comment

Er Um... 200mph?

'83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by DarthTAiness View Post
                    Perfect example of the big fad all the squids here love so much...

http://clarksville.craigslist.org/mcy/4484247535.html
                    Its always interesting - sellers say "No Bullsh!t" to the buyers, when it's the sellers who are full of it!

Comment

I agree with that seller - it is a bad bike.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                        Nothing quite says "custom" like saying "custom" 23 times in your add....
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Another bad motorcycle.

If I was selling a bike, I think I'd mention the engine size.

And from that pic, I'd guess that "Bad Ass Yamaha" would develop serious handling problems way before 200 mph. Not enough wheelbase, too steep steering geometry.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                            Unless that bike is pushing out at least 200 hp at the rear wheel, It ain't gonna be capable of even sniffing at 200 mph. I got ten bucks that says it won't nick 140. LOL
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              Unless that bike is pushing out at least 200 hp at the rear wheel, It ain't gonna be capable of even sniffing at 200 mph. I got ten bucks that says it won't nick 140. LOL
                              I don't see a particularly beefy swing arm on that "bad ass" Yamaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                                I don't see a particularly beefy swing arm on that "bad ass" Yamaha.
                                Yep, tube swingarm like on a GS750, single disk front and rear and two carbs. Nope, ain't gonna see 140 anytime soon.
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X