No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it as art but not necessarily to ride. There are a lot of little interesting things they "cobbled" to make it work. I am different though because there is something about rust that appeals to me.

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

Comment

No thank you.
      sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
      1994 gsxr1100w
      1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by heinzh View Post
        Here's a beauty.

VW Sandrail/trike project- huge price drop - $750 (Arlington Vermont)

1960s Volkswagen Sandrail frame/ 1980's Suzuki GS 550 Triple 2 Stroke Motorcycle.
        Was there an accompanying ad selling a VW powered trike with a Suzuki front end?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
          If it IS an 1150, I would be inclined to make an offer for that conglomeration of parts... It's a pile of parts with the convenience of wheels...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Price almost as funny as the pic's model...

1982 Suzuki GS1100 - $5000

1982 Suzuki GS1100
            G-Model 31,000 miles
            Mint Condition - Runs great!
            Shaft driven with Motor Guard
            Sissy bar w/ luggage rack
            '80 GS1000ST
            '92 ZX-11
            Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Too many people without a clue of what reality is.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                Too many people without a clue of what reality is.
                The backrest, alone, might be worth hundreds to SOMEBODY

1979 GS1000

Comment

You gotta figure the engine is modified. If it can push that windshield through the air with that guy on it, must be close to 200 rear wheel HP.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
                    The backrest, alone, might be worth hundreds to SOMEBODY
                    It looks like he bolted a battery powered fan on the back. Maybe leaning back and having cold air blowing up yer butt is worth a couple of hundred to someone. LOL
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      You gotta figure the engine is modified. If it can push that windshield through the air with that guy on it, must be close to 200 rear wheel HP.
                      Hey - as a "full-figured" fellow, I resemble that remark!

As to hp - if my 850 can haul my large behind, my not-so-large lady and 3 days of clothes, while pushing the Windjammer down the road at highway speeds, all without breathing real hard - that 1100 will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                        Hey - as a "full-figured" fellow, I resemble that remark!

As to hp - if my 850 can haul my large behind, my not-so-large lady and 3 days of clothes, while pushing the Windjammer down the road at highway speeds, all without breathing real hard - that 1100 will do just fine.
                        Ditto that.

I am not quite as "full-figured" as some of the rest of you, but my gravitational attraction is a bit enhanced, simply due to my height.
                        Mrs. Steve's gravitation attraction is also a bit enhanced (but not due to height ).

Click on the link in my sig, you will see my 850 somewhat early in its 750-mile, 3-day tour around New England a few years ago.
                        The fairing is not a Windjammer, but the bike is also wearing saddlebags and trunk.

NO complaints about power with the bike.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Had to show this one off:

Suzuki gs 1100-Frp 1pcs. fiberglass body,also have fairing and lowers.Falicon crank,straight cut gears,billet clutch basket,Dick fortino flowed big valve head,cam motion cams,air shifter with air tank in kosman swing arm.8-1/2" slick. Moly wheelie bars.Many extra parts. TURN KEY.good ET bike.Runs mid 9 second quarter mile.Over 12,000 into build.$6000 or best offer. Poss.trade. call dan

Comment

Originally posted by huntb View Post
                            Had to show this one off:

have fairing and lowers
                            Fairing and lowers?

Yes...that pic says, "Sport-Tourer" to me.
                            Last edited by Rob S.; 06-27-2014, 05:58 PM.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

for those unsure of their status. (not for me,I'm too old)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                                Price almost as funny as the pic's model...

1982 Suzuki GS1100 - $5000

1982 Suzuki GS1100
                                G-Model 31,000 miles
                                Mint Condition - Runs great!
                                Shaft driven with Motor Guard
                                Sissy bar w/ luggage rack
                                As bad as that guy here trying to sell a 82 GS850G for $2995, cuz it is such a sought after bike...
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X