Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this been on here before?

Comment

I'd like to talk to his dad about the bike first.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post

Hard to tell, due to the quality(?) of CL pictures, but for what all he has put on there, it's not that bad.

Yeah, the seat does not quite fit, but you should see the list of the rest of the modifications.
        This streetfighter is titled a 1987 Suzuki GSXR 750 frame and gas tank, it has a 1991 Katana 1127 engine.......front forks ,trees,wheels,brackes,ft. fender,swingarm,rear shock,rear sets--all came off a 99-00 Honda CBR600F4.........rear subframe ,tail plastic,seat,upper, headlights,sidefairings,guages,windshield,.......a ll came off 99-02 Yamaha R6..........rear under fender is aftermarket with turnsignal elimitator kit, bottom swingarm fender is off a Honda CBR900R and a brace was added to bottom of swingarm........rear seat cover plastic is from meiers............handlebars are Renthals with special riser and front fairing mount was raised 6 " mirrors are off a Yam R1 and are wider so you can see past your shoulders..........needed something kawasaki so I used a clutch master cyl off a 99 KawZX9R..........tank badges are yamaha...............paint color isYamaha R6 Blue..............This bike took 2 1/2 years & hundreds of hours to fabricate by my dad who is an electrician by trade, but who also owned a cycle salvage about 10 years ago........Its definitely a conversation piece, not to mention super fast only weighing about 440 lbs WET! I am selling for my dad who is 71 because my mother says its too fast for him & he will get hurt....................LOL...............dont hesitate to call with other questions 757-7591. I have lots more pics to send also if needed.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider

That is not a funny bike. That's a serious bike. He is scared. So am I. Not for children, teen or young men.

I had the 400cc version and that was enough at the time.

750cc two stroke is like saying 1500cc on the same light frame. Mountains of power.

Then buddy puts on pods to get a few percent more HPs?

It's plated but this is a drag bike. The only "Safe place for that is on a strip.

DP

Awww, I rode the "big" 500/750cc kawi triples for 5 years and about 80K miles and they were not bad at all. There were only a couple of things one needed to remember. 1. EXACTLY what rpm the engine hit the powerband. 2. If you wanted to exceed 100 mph do it while going in a straight line with at least 10 feet of clear road on both sides of you because going in a straight line, making no steering changes, the frame flexed enough to cause the bike to swoop side to side in a 20 foot wide path and there was nothing you could do about that. LOL

Well......sometimes there was rule 3. LOL Never let the engine come
          onto the powerband while coming around a high speed sweeper because when the afterburner kicked in, no matter how far over you were leaned, it would pick up the front wheel and wheelie you straight ahead. Vewy vewy interwesting weally. But mostly, if you just paid attention, you would be fine. Most fun bikes I've ever ridden.

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Okay, here's my contribution for a "funny" CL ad:

I'm sure the little lady was thrilled with his choice of gifts....

Comment

Originally posted by FormerBMWguy View Post
              Okay, here's my contribution for a "funny" CL ad:

I'm sure the little lady was thrilled with his choice of gifts....
              wow if a non running kz400 with no mufflers is worth 1500.. i've got a running 79 kz400 WITH mufflers i'll sell to anyone interested for the low low price of 1400!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Hard to tell, due to the quality(?) of CL pictures, but for what all he has put on there, it's not that bad.

Yeah, the seat does not quite fit, but you should see the list of the rest of the modifications.
                I know what you are saying Steve, but the question still remains:

WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
                  I know what you are saying Steve, but the question still remains:

WHY?
                  To which he would probably respond: "Why NOT??"

Maybe he just scavenged parts from all his buddies that crashed and came up with the best bike out of the parts available.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hard to read but hilarious.

Hi I Would like to SALE OR trade my 1980 14'x70' MUST SEE mobile home for you HARLEY ULRA CLASSICE OR BAGER OR HERITAG SOFTAIL FAT BOY///OR HONDGOLD WING Bike , ANY SMALLER BIKE ILL TAKE PLUS YOU ADD SOOM CASH (((YAMYAM 1300CC ALL BIKE MUST BE WOTH WHAT IAM ASKING THE TRAILER . IS WOURTH AT $12,000. BUT I DROP TO $9,000 FOR A FAST SALE
                    IF YOU HAVE A SMALL WELL DO TRADE AND YOU ADD SO CASH DIFFERT

OB BIGER HOND VTX 1300 OR TELL WHAT YOU HAVE NOTTHING SMALLER THEN 900CC .no junk must have a clean title.

I HAVE TITLE IN HAND FOR MINE//SO IF YOU NEED A NICE PLACE .(((( PLEASE CALL O BUY THE WAY IT HAS 2BEDS ROOM;S AND ONE BATH.))))

IN A GREAT PARK. SO THIS WELL MAKE THE MISSEY HAPPEY. OR JUST YOU .

PLEASE CALL ME FOR A SHOWING.AT 720 394 1002 ASK FOR VOSS

new furnace

new hot water 40 gal.tank

trailer just been isulated

bath room been remold come with front porch that is cover and big shead

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

After clicking about a half dozen links, the following can be found:

The Administration is seeking $50.7 billion in discretionary appropriations for the Department of Education, an increase of $4.5 billion over the comparable discretionary total provided in the 2010 appropriations act. The total increase includes up to $1 billion the Administration would request in a budget amendment only if Congress completes an ESEA reauthorization that includes the President's proposed reforms.

Let's hope some of that money makes it back to Denver, so the "cycle" can be broken in the event the ad writer has kids.

Comment

Buy something and then don't use it. Gee, sure wish I had that kind of money to burn.

2 Quads w/trailer - $1800 (SE)

Date: 2010-08-13, 12:14PM MDT
                        Reply to: sale-3ds6k-1896914372@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We need to sell our 2 quad ATV's.
                        They are both 125cc, Coolsters bought new this spring.
                        Hardly ridden/still have plastic on seats.
                        Auto tranny.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Or how about this...get it now or I'll raise the price on you again.

This weekend SALE only. Price lowered for quick SALE - $2300 (Colorado Springs)

Date: 2010-08-12, 4:37PM MDT
                          Reply to: sale-tnmpc-1895577559@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This weekend only. I have reduced the price to $2300. That's right $2300 for a 2005 Polaris Predator 500 LIMITED EDITION with a practically new engine. Just serviced with zero hour in it. Runs perfect and it is in excellent condition. Just buy and ride. Text me for inquiries. 719 766 7546. Older post can be seen here: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/1885240734.html

I'm buying something this weekend so need the cash so I don't have to visit my bank but If it doesn't sell after this weekend then price goes back to $3000. Buy now and save your money for performance parts.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Last one I promise...ride in style

Cadillac Motorcycle - $35000 (Hawgs Custom Cycles)

Date: 2010-08-12, 3:22PM MDT
                            Reply to: sale-88caw-1895445173@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Original metal body off of 1958 Cadillac. 106” S&S motor, Baker transmission. $35,000
                            • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Yikes! That is one huge wheel! Thing is, it only costs $2,200. Very cheap for a Hayabusa. But then again, would you ride that?

Comment

Working...
                              X