No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... $5K!?!?! Umm no. I paid $500 for my first L and it was a 750!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Unique? Piece of junk? A deal at $400? It's gotta be way underpowered with that XS400 if it even runs.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        Unique? Piece of junk? A deal at $400? It's gotta be way underpowered with that XS400 if it even runs.

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/4789743251.html
        For sure! I had a XS400 and a stock VW beetle has way more power. Talk about a slug. Zero to 60 in about 15 minutes. LOL
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

I have the hole bike but moter needs work. will sale parts or the hole bike.. 500. obo.
          Yeah he's got a hole bike

Comment

hahah probably has a "HOLE" in it too...

Comment

Says it will turn heads:

He says it will turn heads. Ya, turn heads all right... Like turn my head to the right in order to not vomit on myself. Who knows, maybe its this very same contraption that inspired the CAN-AM Spyder?

Almost would like to meet some of these guys to see what rock they live under.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

WTF... Like how is that even cool? Or safe? Look closely. Only 2 lugs holding the front rim on. God.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

well thats one mans opinion.......

Harley sound system.......no thanks.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                    Says it will turn heads:He says it will turn heads. Ya, turn heads all right... Like turn my head to the right in order to not vomit on myself. Who knows, maybe its this very same contraption that inspired the CAN-AM Spyder? Almost would like to meet some of these guys to see what rock they live under.
                    I think it would be fun to show up at one of them Spider Rallies with it.You would be "That Guy" for sure!
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                      Says it will turn heads:

He says it will turn heads. Ya, turn heads all right... Like turn my head to the right in order to not vomit on myself. Who knows, maybe its this very same contraption that inspired the CAN-AM Spyder?

Almost would like to meet some of these guys to see what rock they live under.
                      It is, at least, the right way around for a trike, though I've always preferred front-wheel drive packages.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        WTF... Like how is that even cool? Or safe? Look closely. Only 2 lugs holding the front rim on. God.
                        Looks like '80's Z28 wheels. And yes, they need a few more than two lug nuts to secure them. I always used five on my '82 Z.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I have a couple of those front wheels, came off a regular 80's Camaro with a 305 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Looks like '80's Z28 wheels. And yes, they need a few more than two lug nuts to secure them. I always used five on my '82 Z.
                            Yeah, but that "thing" probably weighs less than 40% of what your Z28 did, so it should get along just fine with 40% of the lug nuts.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              It's probably one of those carefully engineered balance aspects, so the vehicle remains stable up above 180 m.p.h.
                              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                              __________________________________________________ ______________________
                              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Does this taste funny?

Says that it is a 79GS750E, but I say it is clearly a 79GS750L. I inquired about it, and the seller says that the GS750E-705621 VIN on the title matches the VIN on the frame, so.... ??? Umm, maybe that's not funny as in 'Ha-Ha', but funny as in "Does this taste funny to you?". Hehe...

Looks like it could potentially be a deal though. I've decided it is too far for me to drive, especially with some funny going on. Maybe someone else might be interested.
                                ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                                13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                                PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X