Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
    $5000 GS450L ..ARRRRGH this individual has posted this "RARE" "L stands for limited edition" GS450 for 2 years now. every month at least a couple times..will you all please flag him lolol???? I hate this guy..I actually emailed him a year ago and tried to make him understand.. but... ARRRRRRGH come on now enough is enough?
    http://youngstown.craigslist.org/mcy/4790399634.html
    Wow. Just, wow. If I went around calling things from the 80's "historical", I'm bound to catch a foot in my teeth. Not to mention my '81 was 20% of what he's asking. Good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
      I was wondering the same thing.

I think it as to be done something like this:

Hahaa. One of my all time favorite flicks!

Re that kit car: given that driver/passenger sit side-by-side —as opposed to "saddled"— one could not register that thing street legal in TX. Ya know the new Slingshot 3-wheeled reverse trike "motorcycle" Polaris just released?... Well, they're currently banned in Tejas until legislature is revised.
      '80 GS1000ST
      '92 ZX-11
      Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

No doubt its a clean bike..........but $4600 for a 750L? Craziness.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/4814964805.html
          No doubt its a clean bike..........but $4600 for a 750L? Craziness.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]37675[/ATTACH]
          You could buy a bunch of planters with plants for much less money and buy a very good condition GS1100E with the left over change.

Comment

A collector might pay that.

Comment

GS1000, with brown engine...

Yes, brown.

1980 suzuki gs1000 bobber - $2650 (Central point)

1980 odometer: 22000paint color : customfuel : gastransmission : manualtitle status : clean
              condition: excellent

1980 gs1000 suzuki. All new paint frame motor tank desert storm tan. Custom rigid frame solo springer seat. Custom alligator 2 tone tan brown upholstery. All new led blinkers and break and taillight. Brand new white wall tire. All new plugs and oil. All carbs gone through. Custom Low rider drag bars clean title runs strong super fast bike light weight. All new grips. Will travel for delivering. .. show contact info
              do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
              '80 GS1000ST
              '92 ZX-11
              Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

New "break" light.

"Will travel for delivering."

I would travel to unload that.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Not into bobbers, but that one looks nicely done, except for the brown motor.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                  1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

That Desert Storm shenanigans came as a heaven-sent opportunity for the paint makers to get rid of thousands of gallons of over-production of crap brown paint that would eventually have been sold off cheap blended down to floor covering or somesuch. The countless thousands of dingbats who simply couldn't resist painting their civvy vehicles the colours of the military in a kind of twisted 'homage', but in reality more an expression of 'wannabe' than anything else.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I looked at a Harley V-Rod last summer that had a paint job that looked kinda like sand. I actually liked it.

Comment

Wow! Can't believe I missed this before Christmas. Would have made quite a present. Somebody needs to jump on this. Just wear padded underwear.
                        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                        1983 GS 1100 G
                        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Uggg! The things these poor old Suzi's have to endure:

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                            https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/4795232214.html

Wow! Can't believe I missed this before Christmas. Would have made quite a present. Somebody needs to jump on this. Just wear padded underwear.
                            LOL!!! "lots of fun to ride" & "just rode to tampa for the tar ball run"

So many of these bikes have lowered seats, raised handlebars & stock pegs.
                            Bonus points for hard tail + seat springs.

My back hurts just thinking about riding it from Jacksonville to Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                              Yes, brown.

1980 suzuki gs1000 bobber - $2650 (Central point)

1980 odometer: 22000paint color : customfuel : gastransmission : manualtitle status : clean
                              condition: excellent

1980 gs1000 suzuki. All new paint frame motor tank desert storm tan. Custom rigid frame solo springer seat. Custom alligator 2 tone tan brown upholstery. All new led blinkers and break and taillight. Brand new white wall tire. All new plugs and oil. All carbs gone through. Custom Low rider drag bars clean title runs strong super fast bike light weight. All new grips. Will travel for delivering. .. show contact info
                              do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
                              That is one butt fugly bike! The poor thing.

Comment

1973 Custom CB750 chopper bobber - $2200 (Waldorf)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

1973 paint color : red fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean
                                condition: fair

I have a custom built 1973 Honda CB750. I bought this bike in Oklahoma in March of 2011 and moved here with it in June of 2011. Continued to ride until March of 2012 and it's been parked ever since. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about the bike, the guy I bought it from had it built for his son, but his son did not ride it. Very quality build, definitely not a hack job. Has a small oil leak and surface rust on the chrome, hasn't been started in almost 3 years. I need it out of the garage, $2200 cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X