No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like the style or what was done to a CB750, but it at least looks complete and possibly well done, and he isnt asking an over the moon price. Im far more interested in the bike in the background.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
      That is one butt fugly bike! The poor thing.
      It was built by a V-Strom owner (bike in background). He can't help not having any taste.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        I dont like the style or what was done to a CB750, but it at least looks complete and possibly well done, and he isnt asking an over the moon price. Im far more interested in the bike in the background.
        Background bike reminds me of my old 1967 305 YDS3. Same color, even. My 1st bike

Comment

78 Suzuki gs 550 - "problem with starting maybe cylenoid?"

Or, maybe the wrong tank emblem...

Everything on it is in fair condition, problem with starting maybe cylenoid? has been running great for a while now won't start.

78 Suzuki gs 550 - $700 (Canton)

2016 paint color : bluefuel : gas
          '80 GS1000ST
          '92 ZX-11
          Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Hey Frank....That Harley accesorizing adds another 5 grand to the value...same as all the chromed up crap adds to the value of an actual Harley!!!

Why didnt we think of this first is my question!!!!
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Is that "Harley" the one that has a Porsche engine?
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Knew a guy back in Detroit that put Porche emblems on the base of each jugs on his....too funny you bring that up.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

The irony is strong with this one - I suspect he put the badges on to **** off the local pirates, or pirate-alikes.
                  Anyway, I thought a Cylenoid was a scary space robot that was out to destroy mankind.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Nothing really funny about it, but I already post 2 bikes on the for sale section today, not allowed a third. Figured I'd give it some publicity here. GS1150E for 800 bucks in New Hampshire.

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Gotta luv this..........this is funny.

Comment

From a CL listing near me.... I liked the part about "when it finally gets up to speed"

"Selling a 1981 Suzuki GS550L. Carbs were just cleaned, new paint, new petcock and fuel filter. The bike will start and move but it doesn't have much go power. It does shift gears (when it finally gets up to speed to shift). We don't have the time to fix it so we are selling it as is. We are keeping the battery that is in it but we can leave it in to show you it will start, so, battery not included"
                        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                          Nothing really funny about it, but I already post 2 bikes on the for sale section today, not allowed a third. Figured I'd give it some publicity here. GS1150E for 800 bucks in New Hampshire.

http://nh.craigslist.org/bar/4850793476.html
                          The funniest part of that one is that it's already been deleted and nobody (including me) got a chance to see it.

If you don't copy the pictures and/or words from the ad, nobody will get a chance to laugh at it after the ad expires.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Funny price...

$3500

And it only needs new exhaust...

1978 Suzuki GS400.

I bought this bike a few years back and I have been restoring it daily.
                            I have replaced the following with OEM parts from Suzuki.
                            Brand new tires front and back, new tubes.
                            Repainted rims with tri coat silver paint.
                            New wheel bearings front and back.
                            New sprockets and drive chain.
                            New stator and rectifier.
                            New upholstered seat.
                            Recent oil and filter change.
                            New battery.
                            New signal indicators.
                            2 New carburetors.
                            New intake boots and seals.
                            New seals and gaskets
                            New oil in the forks.
                            New fuel line and hoses.
                            New fuel shut off valve.
                            New front brake master cylinder.
                            New rear view mirrors.
                            Brakes pads are almost new.
                            Newly painted(Ferrari red), NEW gas tank.
                            New spark plugs.
                            New ignition switch.
                            I have spent a ton of money on the bike itself to get it back to normal condition. The mufflers have surface rust but still works. Basically it needs new pipes to get it back to pretty looking. Other than that just start it and go.
                            It has been my daily driver every single day all summer long. The bike itself is strong, pulls super strong, transmission works excellent. Engine starts first kick or crank. You can either ride it or restore it completely.

The bike is registered and insured.

Open to reasonable offers.
                            If you have questions please do ask.

Thank you
                            No signature

Comment

Looks like someone is a little optimistic with that gs400.

Comment

Working...
                              X