No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know but this seems a tad high http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...D-400_13433696 nice enough bike but $3000?

Comment

He should have no problem getting $3000 for that one.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
        I don't know but this seems a tad high http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...D-400_13433696 nice enough bike but $3000?
        That's in Canuck bucks, right?

Even in USA greenbacks, a low-mileage, pristine RD400 could fetch close to that price, or more. There's no telling how high a collector will go for a museum-quality piece, on this and a few other in-demand models, and that price number bears no relation to what other bikes of the same vintage and condition are going for, or to its desirability and utility as a daily rider.

Frex, a top notch 1960's Suzuki X-6 Hustler is also a collector's item rapidly appreciating in value. Check recent Ebay sales prices on that model, and on the RD400, and compare them to prices of "daily runner" Suzuki 2-stroke 250s and 350s of slightly later vintage than the X6, or of Yamaha 2-stroke 250s and 350s of slightly earlier vintage than the RD. Or compare the price of a rare original 1969 Honda CB750K0, with the sand-cast engine, to a slightly later model but otherwise nearly identical CB750 in equally pristine condition - huge difference.

Me, I'm looking for cheap used bikes, daily riders, with performance and handling to my taste, not for a collector's item to keep on a shelf. Fortunately there are enough GS's around that our favorite mounts fit into that category instead of the collector stratosphere.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2010, 07:11 PM. Reason: wrong country

Comment

Read, my butt hurts too much from riding this thing so I want to go get a couch.

2001 XL rigid, HD vin number, no hassle registration. Super fast, no leaks, starts easy and only Amsoil Synth oil since purchase from dealer. Wide Glide front end, new tires and rims. Its awesome to ride. Screaming Eagle heads, cams and much more. Chazwick in Pueblo is familiar with its abilities. A person can change paint, pipes, bars, seat etc to make it their own. This is a sweet bike but now I want something else. Call me after 6pm weekdays, it will start and run right now. 719-568-6050

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This one actually looks nice and he put springs under the seat but I wonder about the blueing.

Immaculate classic Harley, 1976 XLCH, tons of PICS!!!! - $4800 (south powers)

Date: 2010-11-13, 4:38PM MST
            Reply to: sale-pe58a-2058905458@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling my super clean 1976 XLCH Harley Ironhead. This is the cleanest and best running classic Harley around. Everything works on the bike as it should, lights, blinkers, starter, and the motor runs great. Extremely well cared for and always properly maintained. Lots of upgrades listed below. Clean Colorado title in hand. Come by and check it out anytime. I don't need to sell it, just don't ride much anymore. So please don't low ball me. I am fairly negotiable on the price, but not much.

Original Wide Glide front end with dual disc brakes

S&S Super E carb

Drag pipes

Aftermarket tank with speedometer

Kick and electric start

Oil cooler

Aftermarket Oil tank and battery setup

21 inch front wheel

New tires

Tons of chrome add ons

Highway pegs

Jetted properly for Colorado

also have another Le Pera font seat that matches the rear seat and if the price is right, I will throw in a bolt on hardtail rear frame section made for the bike. I never got around to installing it and would have no use for it.

This bike is a must see. No rides without cash. MAY trade up for another Harley (fat boy, electra/street glide, soltail, dyna, etc). I'll add cash obviously as long as the bike is as nice as mine. NO JUNK

Call or text Jesse 347-403-2753 $4,800

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

I like that Harley. Nice bike.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

The blue comes from the single wall pipes. If our GS's had single wall pipes, they'd be blue, as well.

Heck, Steve was able to turn his sons 850 pipes to a very pretty RED , even with the double wall thickness.

Comment

Yes, but even with single walls, you should rejet/tune it rich enough that you get a little gold at worst.
                  Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

I'm trying to figure out his When in Rome quote and why does he need to listen to what mom says about the bike? Is it his or is it mom's to ride? And $1800 for a seized engine? Yea Right

Had to add, where are the handlebars and seat?

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

i have to believe that is a troll post because.. seriously. someone that stupid shouldn't be able to figure out the internet.

Comment

His mom posted it for him.

Comment

Seriously ?!?!?

It's ebay, not CL, but, it seems a little pricey to me..........

Larry D
                          1980 GS450S
                          1981 GS450S
                          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                            Heck, Steve was able to turn his sons 850 pipes to a very pretty RED , even with the double wall thickness.
                            Oohh, you remember that one, eh?

Just single wall, though, as it's a 4-into-1 pipe. (I'm told it's probably a Jardine.)

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                            X