Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loud et View Post
    http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bar/2488223964.html **So if I just give him the web address for the GSR forum her will polish my bike? Just a little forum searching goes a long way...................................!
    Absolutely do not give him the info for the GSR. Offer to take his bike and fix it. You probably already know what's wrong with it, huh?

Make the repair sound REALLY labor intensive and trade it for lots of free polishing.

Comment

What's the propeller shaft for??

phoenix craigslist > central/south phx > for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters - by owner please flag with care: [?]

1982 suzuki gs 850

Date: 2011-07-15, 7:28PM MST
      Reply to: sale-mafsm-2496706260@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
      i got a 82 gs 850 prject bike ran good when i bought it but i havent started it since i painted the tank. needs a battery and a propeller shaft. call or text for more info/pictures. 928-750-3811

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2496706260

Comment

Originally posted by ikantbreave View Post
        What's the propeller shaft for??

If you were a shaftie, you'd know

On the shaft-driven bikes, the propeller shaft is another name for the drive shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
          If you were a shaftie, you'd know

On the shaft-driven bikes, the propeller shaft is another name for the drive shaft.
          no, this is for the rare amphibious 850G. Don't try to lowball him.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
            no, this is for the rare amphibious 850G. Don't try to lowball him.
            Bwahaha - that's funny right there

Comment

Good advice on tires

NOT!

"The tires will get you through the rest of the riding season but I would replace them for next year. They hold air and there are no weather cracks but they are over 20 years old."

But he does sound like he's trying to be honest..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350478331563
              1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfarm View Post
                NOT!

"The tires will get you through the rest of the riding season but I would replace them for next year. They hold air and there are no weather cracks but they are over 20 years old."

Guy doesn't know his head from his a$$... says valves should be adjusted every 4000 miles on this bike... and he just did the clearances and adjusted them too wide?? WTF
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                  Guy doesn't know his head from his a$$... says valves should be adjusted every 4000 miles on this bike... and he just did the clearances and adjusted them too wide?? WTF

...and states that you can hear a "faint tapping". OK, but you're supposed to. His first bucket/schim adjustment?

Comment

1100 have screw and lock nut adjusters

Comment

Maybe he should have consulted a Suzuki Mechanic?

86 Suzuki vs700 intruder...has been mostly rebuilt by certified harley mechanic him being my buddy had it for a long time re did a lot sunk a lot of money into 2000 is a hit for me being I've put double that into it...the only thing is it's not starting and can't pull a vacuum on the carbs to sync them would take trades possibly all I can say is no so let me know what you have and not dead set on price so just ask and I have pics I can send to u via text...

Comment

Originally posted by fishfarm View Post
                        NOT!

Someone bought it for $2150.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by LarryA_Texas View Post
                          86 Suzuki vs700 intruder...has been mostly rebuilt by certified harley mechanic him being my buddy had it for a long time re did a lot sunk a lot of money into 2000 is a hit for me being I've put double that into it...the only thing is it's not starting and can't pull a vacuum on the carbs to sync them would take trades possibly all I can say is no so let me know what you have and not dead set on price so just ask and I have pics I can send to u via text...
                          Sounds like someone trying to pass along a headache to another person.

I think there are bikes that just get passed along on Craigslist. I see them relisted a month or so after the ad disappears with different contact information. One guy buys it, thinks he can get it running quickly and cheaply, can't, and then sells it to another guy who does the same thing, and the cycle repeats itself.

Generally each guy wants more money for it because they bought some parts in addition to the bike, until it gets to the point it is unsellable and somebody takes a big loss.
                          sigpic

SUZUKI:
                          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I don't know about you, but I think this is funny. Maybe it runs excellent, which I doubt, but that's about all it's got going for it. Maybe $400 instead of $1200.

1978 Suzuki gs 750 - $1200 (broward )

Date: 2011-07-18, 10:47AM EDT
                            Reply to: sale-vvs9t-2495979806@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm selling my 1978 Suzuki GS 750 runs excellent. 1200 obo call 954-655-6470

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

Another hack job

Bike and language

Comment

Now that he has improved it it is worth about $100.00 tops!

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X