anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Hi Trev, Nice photos, as usual from you.
    Pics of nice bike and scenery and can see the road in some.

Say, That BMW roundel quite a prominent display there. I seem to recall a big Suzuki banner.
    Ah, Maybe that is the Suzuki banner now on the other wall.
    (just pestering you.....)

Hey buddy...I have the Suzuki banners on both the side walls...

No signature

Comment

4 hour ride????? you're a bugger...
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Angeles Crest Highway outside of Los Angeles. The last picture is from the mountains overlooking the city, with the Pacific Ocean in the background - it's hard to tell in the picture but it sure wasn't in real life. I feel like a pig in S4iT out here.

Comment

I freakin' love Suzukis.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            4 hour ride????? you're a bugger...
            My plan was to have lunch with you then go home.....something else happened. Lol
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
              Angeles Crest Highway outside of Los Angeles. The last picture is from the mountains overlooking the city, with the Pacific Ocean in the background - it's hard to tell in the picture but it sure wasn't in real life. I feel like a pig in S4iT out here.

Gorgeous looking ride! Reminds me of the BRP through North Carolina.

Need to do that again too...

Glad your enjoying CA. Man Joe, your all over the place!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Only put 30 miles on the beast yesterday, but real riding is about to start again!
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Angeles Crest Highway outside of Los Angeles. ....
                  Nice pics Joe. Pics of the scenery AND the road.

My observation is the regulars out there refer to such roads with 3 letter abbreviations, like ACH.
                  But you are new out there, and are being easy on us in that respect.

Here is what you are missing back here in mid-west, yesterday afternoon.

Last edited by Redman; 01-08-2017, 10:18 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A balmy 13 degrees!
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Thanks to the members posting the beautiful snow scenes. Something we never see here!

I am having exactly the opposite problem to you guys needing a warmer day to ride - we need cooler days to ride here, with temps at +34 Celsius to +38 Celsius at the moment. Even with an airflow jacket, still makes you sweat!

However, I did go for a ride to Franschhoek, a small town famous for good wines and good places to eat. Here are pictures of the Huguenot Monument, built to honor the area's French settlers who arrived in the 17th and 18th centuries and established the wine industry in the area.

A closer view of the monument (archive photo, not mine)

Another view of the mountains in the area, taken some time ago

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Lovely area, nice fairing too.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          Lovely area, nice fairing too.
                          Thank you!

The pass through those mountains is a favourite with the crotch rocket crowd during breakfast runs on a Sunday morning, with lots of short, sharp turns.

Unfortunately there are often crashes and even the occasional fatality.
                          1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Cheers to French Hugenaughts !
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                              Thanks to the members posting the beautiful snow scenes. Something we never see here!.
                              And, Ben, Thank you for posting the great pictures of the scenery and the blue sky, and great GS. The blue sky is something that rarely see here in west Michigan from, say, early November till, say, mid March.
                              And when do have clear blue sky, that typically means it is even colder than average (no cloud cover at night, less humidity, so temps drop more).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Angeles Crest Highway outside of Los Angeles. ....
                                Joe, Keep the rides and ride pictures a commin'

Hey, Lets see who post pics first, this year, of PMR, SGR or EGR.
                                You or Me.

That will be about half way between you and San Diego.

SSR will be further from you, so not so fair of a challenge.

Dave

PS: Palomar Mountain Rd, South Grade Rd, East Grade Rd, Sunrise Highway.
                                Just pestering you.
                                Oh, and.... "SSR is off the Eight"

Last edited by Redman; 01-09-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X