Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    That's awesome!
    My buddy is trying to convince me to buy a DR650, I rode his and I really like it! I need to take a look at my heard and do some more liquidation this coming spring to streamline for next year. May sell a combination of the, DT, GSX-650F, Bandit and GS300 to get funds for a DR650. I like it that much.
    We will see, the DT is such a blast! Going through the woods on a motorcycle is wicked awesome! Since the bike is identical to a 175 (including bottom end) I may do a 175cc conversion over the winter, I will no longer be looking for the added power and 85mph is fast enough on a little bike like that!

That 2-stroke sound is also addicting as all hell!
    I sold my 1990 DR and my 81 gs1000e to buy the 2016 DR....no regrets!
    No signature :(

Comment

My DR....love it!

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        My DR....love it!

Trevor, Your missing a JedzMoto sticker on your fridge!!!
        [I][SIZE=20px][B][URL="http://www.jedzmoto.com"]Jedz Moto[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/I]
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2002 Honda Reflex 250
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
        2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
        Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
        Originally posted by [B]Hayabuser[/B]
        C[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]ool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

What was the difference between the 90 and brandy new? I'm just curious on as a possible prospecting purchaser
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2002 Honda Reflex 250
          C[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]ool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

I'll jump in here, the 90 was kick start only and heavier. The 96 - present bike is unchanged except for colors and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
              I'll jump in here, the 90 was kick start only and heavier. The 96 - present bike is unchanged except for colors and graphics.
              Did the old bikes have the auto decompression valve? I can't imagine trying to kick over that 650 thumper...
              So a +96 would be most ideal. I'm seeing them pop in for $2K-$2.5K
              Thanks!
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2002 Honda Reflex 250

Comment

IDK, I have heard that there is a knack to starting big thumpers, though.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                  IDK, I have heard that there is a knack to starting big thumpers, though.
                  Like kick starting or just starting? I know the new(er) DR650's have an auto decompression system to save on the start motor.
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2002 Honda Reflex 250

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Like kick starting or just starting? I know the new(er) DR650's have an auto decompression system to save on the start motor.
                    Yes kick starting...and yes it had the lever....It was a pain but once you got the starting "sequence" figured out it was pretty easy....funny because I bought the bike cheap because the po got tired of not being able to start it...lol...people with these bikes say "if your bike ever get stolen, look for it in a two block radius as it's likely to be found as they will get tired of trying to start it and just drop it"....
                    I used to think the character of kick start was cool....not so much in a creek or side hill etc....

Comment

[SIZE=8px][COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                      2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                      2015 BMW RnineT[/FONT][/COLOR]

Dave[/SIZE]

Comment

Good choice!
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Finally got the yellow Triumph out today...a little chilly, only 60-65º

Stopped along a nice little road to look at a little summer place....

The cabin on the creek...

Comes with a boat...

[B]Bob T. ~~ [/B][B]Play the GSR weekly photo game: [URL="https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/forum/off-topic-forums/the-campfire/84800-pic-of-the-week-game"]Pic of Week Game[/URL][/B]
                          [SIZE=8px][SIZE=10px][FONT=Arial][B]'83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

It was quite the triumphant (lol!) day here as well.

[SIZE=8px][COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                            2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                            2015 BMW RnineT[/FONT][/COLOR]

Dave[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              It was quite the triumphant (lol!) day here as well.
                              And this is the place I need a "Like" button...

I like....
                              [B]Bob T. ~~ [/B][B]Play the GSR weekly photo game: [URL="https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/forum/off-topic-forums/the-campfire/84800-pic-of-the-week-game"]Pic of Week Game[/URL][/B]
                              [SIZE=8px][SIZE=10px][FONT=Arial][B]'83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                And this is the place I need a "Like" button...

I like....
                                This site really needs a "Like" button!!!!!
                                [SIZE=10px]"Only [/SIZE][I]fe'[/I] collected the old way, has any value.[SIZE=10px]" from [U]His Majesty O'Keefe[/U] (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) [SIZE=10px]track bike, [/SIZE]much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                                X