No announcement yet.

Anything annoy you street riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cagers used to get me wound up, now not so much. All human life is there. People under all sorts of pressure, bad news, illness, depression, bereavement, bad job situation. There are then the arrogant selfish types, the clueless and the clinically insane and that's before alcohol and substances.
    Wouldn't it be great if they were all like me, well that is never going to happen and the sooner I accept that reality the better.
    Drivers are too important for the economy and the death rate at the moment is acceptable by definition.
    I've seen so much I can generally guess what's going to happen next. The more guesses I make the more accurate they are. Rarely am I surprised by any individuals behaviour.
    50% of bike capability and 100% situational evaluation, you know the voice in your head type of thing.
    It's a kind of family joke. Nice ride? How many tried to kill you today? Any new techniques? No? Thought not
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Same here on predicting cager behavior. When driving with the wife she is often surprised when I correctly call a move that is about to happen.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        The problem with that is it doesn't matter how many times you "win", you still only have to lose once.
        Yeah, I get that, I was only going 15-20 mph, I could've stopped if she decided to barge in, also the roundabout was a low brick job, with a tapered curve curb, so turning more left onto the bricks woulda been fine. I thought, why give her the opportunity to do it again in the future, if this "no harm wakeup" caused her to think twice next time. She'll probably forget next time, but maybe not.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
          Not my job to school the driving public. If it were my job I'd have to accept a lot of failure. My job is to get as many problem free miles in as possible. 99.999 percent of bike riders drive cars as well. Do they drive cars better because they also ride bikes, I doubt it, but I'm sure it makes bikers feel good to think they do.
          I think the road habits of bike riders are considerably different than those of car only drivers and probably much more aware and analytical.
          Also, I doubt anyone switches back and forth between habits with vehicle changes. I know I drive a car the same way I ride.
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
            We're all about roundabouts here in Whatcom County Washington,
            I sure like the new one the put in at Mt Baker and HWY 9. I always hated that intersection.
            1983 GS1100E project

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledij View Post
              I sure like the new one the put in at Mt Baker and HWY 9. I always hated that intersection.
              I haven't had the opportunity to try that one yet since they did that, is/was a sketchy corner, cage or bike, especially in the winter with black ice and potential cars turning. I broke my right leg in 5 places below the knee on Mt. Baker Hwy 542 in 88, when a Washington State Fisheries employee turned left into me on a straightaway beyond that point and smeared, my now wife and me across the road. An armco barrier now blocks the overgrown dirt road where that truck turned, way back when. Now I'm always a little tenative whenever on that road.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I live in Vermont so my biggest grief is Vermont drivers. 5 under the speed limit and everyone is afraid to pass. The Bonneville accelerates quite well and usually can pass a wolf pack of em' at 5 at a time. Tractors and general off road vehicles (tangent dump trucks, excavators, road graders, and trucks hauling feed or manure) also choke up the roads and coming around a turn at 55mph to find a manure spreader leaking manure all over the road going 15mph is a slick and smelly situation... I called the cops once on one that was leaking like sieve and was covering the roads in feces... I was upset to say the least and the town had to come up and wash the road off. The Farm was fined, finally..
                When I'm interstate riding the usual texting and distracted driving really ticks me off. I've ridden right next to someones window and looked in and could see them on Facebook as they are "driving" down the road, They jump when the look over with my head on their glass pretty much... I honk most times I see it.
                Last thing that really irks me is bike (bicycle) riders. Most are ok but some think they own the road and won't move over to traffic approaching from the rear. The law doesn't seem to apply to these unique brand of a$$holes. I have buzzed a few on the right... I almost got smoked by one when I was crossing the street and the cars yielded to me at the crosswalk Guy Fing rides right through and almost hit me. I flipped out and he looked scared... I'm generally a chill person but tick me off... Man watch out.
                All I got.
                Last edited by Jedz123; 06-09-2018, 09:27 AM.
                Jedz Moto
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2002 Honda Reflex 250
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
                2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
                Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                X