Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you love your GS? Lets see some pics!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

Suzuki gs by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      My beloved 1100 T. Now resting, and awaiting a resurrection...

Love your "T", Spyder!

The rest of you guys have great looking bikes too!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Here mine going thru it this winter and changing and cleaning up more.

Comment

Bought er brand new. 1982

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

It hauls everything I need and gets close to 60mpg. packed.jpg
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Bought new in 1981 and the love affair is still going strong!

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                Bought er brand new. 1982

Longevity!

Was the stock chain guard chrome in '82?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I purchased my 1983 GS850G in the early spring of 1997; there was melting snow everywhere when I rode it home.

As many here have witnessed, it gets ridden regularly and ridden very hard.

Mismatched rain gear on the Dragon. I think this was 2005 or 2006.

Not sure when I took this behind our old office building. Weird air seat and floppy tail bag don't really do the looks any favors...

2007, Galena/Fennimore GS rally. This is in Iowa looking over into Wisconsin. Probably the cleanest and best-looking it's ever gonna be.

Mileage is somewhere around 130,000 right now (original speedo stopped working at around 125,000). Yes, the engine has been replaced, but not because it wore out. Long stupid story...

The GS850G is my "forever" bike. Other bikes come and go, but I'm keeping this one as long as I possibly can.

Many, MANY happy memories are tied up with this bike, and my GS and the GS Resources forum were my path to meeting my closest friends and the finest people I know.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                    I purchased my 1983 GS850G in the early spring of 1997; there was melting snow everywhere when I rode it home.

As many here have witnessed, it gets ridden regularly and ridden very hard.

Mismatched rain gear on the Dragon. I think this was 2005 or 2006.

Not sure when I took this behind our old office building. Weird air seat and floppy tail bag don't really do the looks any favors...

2007, Galena/Fennimore GS rally. This is in Iowa looking over into Wisconsin. Probably the cleanest and best-looking it's ever gonna be.

Mileage is somewhere around 130,000 right now (original speedo stopped working at around 125,000). Yes, the engine has been replaced, but not because it wore out. Long stupid story...

The GS850G is my "forever" bike. Other bikes come and go, but I'm keeping this one as long as I possibly can.

Many, MANY happy memories are tied up with this bike, and my GS and the GS Resources forum were my path to meeting my closest friends and the finest people I know.
                    Great "Action" shot!
                    No signature :(

Comment

Weird air seat and floppy tail bag don't really do the looks any favors...
                      Neither do the Vetter accessories on mine. In both cases function wins over fashion I'm sure. Thanks for the glimpse of what mine could look like with the stock headlight and blinkers. I really like your blue color scheme too.

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

This sounds familiar as well. I've met five or six other members of this forum but some friendships still remain purely electronic. Someday we'll be able to put a face to the font!
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      1982 GS1100GK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZARCACOIDILINKSMONVNMOKTXUTWYsm.jpg Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400, 2003 FJR1300

Comment

Roger, the best way that can happen is if you can make it out to the rally in Bedford, Indiana in June.
                        25 - 30 of the nicest people on the planet will be there to greet you.
                        I remember you were planning to come last year but something got in your way
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

I love my GS750. It's taken me lots of places.

The 450:

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                          1977 GS550
                          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Brian rides that smoking 850 HARD, and FAST. That bike wasn't built to be ridden the way it is on a daily basis...

Wasn't Roger the kid that came out to Bedford with his bike in a bunch of crates? Bad starter and such? Or maybe it was another member that ended up moving out west...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Yeah, Larry, I planned on heading to that rally last year but life had other plans for me. Didn't want to chime in on that thred just yet until I see what this year has in store for us. We'll see...

I did have a bike in crates but never took it to Bedford. Although if anyone wants to call me "kid" thats totally fine. LOL
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              1982 GS1100GK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZARCACOIDILINKSMONVNMOKTXUTWYsm.jpg Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400, 2003 FJR1300

Comment

I usually ride 3 different bikes in a year. The first up is one that I bought from a member here, had a good time sorting it out and have been riding it ever sense.

in this picture I was returning from a Western states rally dragging a trailer with a 16 valve 1100 engine and a few other things.

then there is my 1980 1100 L which I bought in 2002 with 1024 miles on it. Something over 38000 now.

the third bike that I usually ride is my 919, not a GS but a fine bike none the less.

V
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment