Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOAR. Picked up two more 750’s

Two more added to the fleet.
    Have a title for the bike with the clubman bars and the other is a donor.
    One good engine and a set of carbs. Likely do a mild cafe.
    Parfs bike has some vintage buckhorn bars - kinda crazy looking.

Can baffles still be bought for the Vance and Hines pipes? Both of mine are empty.
    Attached Files

I really need to use my droid for pics here. Sheesh
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, it was hard to tell what they looked like hanging upside down from the ceiling.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
        Sorry, it was hard to tell what they looked like hanging upside down from the ceiling.
        I was going to ask about the REALLY sticky tires.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Figuring out which baffle is required could be tricky. A lot of these are for v-twins.
          Shop Vance & Hines Motorcycle Exhaust Baffles at JPCycles.com today. Enjoy our easy returns, top-notch customer service, and tech support!

Pricey too.

You should be able to fab something up. Just measure the muffler o.d. 4"? and look on E-bay, there are plenty of universal baffles.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post

i tried and tried to flip them on the phone. Thanks.

Comment

I think I have GSAD

GS acquisition disorder.

Picked this up today. 89 gsx600
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ntolerance View Post
                Picked this up today. 89 gsx600
                I can read "$200" and maybe "crashed into side of car".

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  I can read "$200" and maybe "crashed into side of car".
                  pretty much it. I have the front end to repair it.

picked this one up Friday. I’ve always liked the “E” models. Needs a head gasket.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So you think you'll carve up the katana and upgrade some GS parts?

Comment

Originally posted by KillRamsey View Post
                      So you think you'll carve up the katana and upgrade some GS parts?
                      i thought about it but really isn’t worth it tome I have the $200 katana rolling again. I had a whole front end In the shed.
                      After mixing and matching some parts - parts from a 99 Onto an 89- it’s time to start some of the other repairs to it. I’ve had it running. Needs carb work and both side engine covers leak oil from the wreck.

The katanas have 41 mm minimally adjustable forks and mono shock, 17” wheels and twin pot brakes . Better than a 70’s/80’s Gs but if I were do that sort of upgrade I’d prefer gixxer parts or the like. Usd forks for certain. Kinda kill the looks of the Gs for me though

Not much money in fixing these but I have a lot of fun and learn something new every time.
                      Always have a different bike to ride
                      Ive had a few other bikes I’ve put back on the road in the last year. Fzr600r kz400 zx600r vfr800 bit I’ve decided to stick with Suzuki’s moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X