Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS850GZ Seat Pan

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a tight spot.

I went to sit down on my bike the other day and felt + heard a pleasant crunchy noise, accompanied by my arse sinking about an inch lower than normal.

Bottom line (heheh) the seat pan rusted out. I CANNOT find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know of a reproduction or even a used one for sale?

Again, this is for a 1982 gs850gz. Even a cross-reference to a compatible year/model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions. See ya'll later.
    -Gray

EDIT: For those who may remember my gauge plate project - it is NOT abandoned, just sidelined for the forseeable future. Injury, change of employment and multiple changes of address have severely hampered my attempts to find free time to work on my side projects. I have half-finished fiberglass side panels and fairings, a split open fuel tank that I was working on duplicating (fiberglass, gasoline impermeable resins are essspeeennssiiive!)... life has been a real pain lately.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2019, 11:22 PM.

The '82 850 and 1100G share the same seat. The '83 versions of the same bikes should fit, but I think they have a different grab rail.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Maybe this one is still available

If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.

Edit, then again maybe that was just a scam or something...
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      1982 GS1100GK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZARCACOIDILINKSMONVNMOKTXUTWYsm.jpg Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400, 2003 FJR1300

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Maybe this one is still available

If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.

Edit, then again maybe that was just a scam or something...
        I'll look into it, Thank you!!

Comment

Heya Steve,

I was puzzling over that - I found a wealth of the 1100 -E- seats, but no G's >

If that is accurate about the 83's I MIGHT have found a replacement, albeit with a wildly different seat cover, which, who cares, I just need to get back on the road.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Be aware the the seats-seat pans had a design change from 81 to 82 such that you can not use any 81 or prior.

81 and prior had hinges on one side and a latch on the other side, so the seat tilted up along the side.
            82 and after had the latch on the back and alignment tabs on the front, so the seat lifted up from the back and lifted off.
            http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
            Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Understood, that is what's been causing so much trouble. There also appears to be some sort of spring-release voodoo on the E-series.

I dropped off the pan with a local shop today to see if they can repair it... they'll call me back (someday).

Comment

Gentlemen,

Still no luck with this. I've looked for hours across the interwebs and I cannot find a replacement used, or reproduction pan. Any further suggestions or ideas, I'm all ears. Eyes. whatever.

Have a good one fellas, I'm gonna head out for the day. Will keep looking when I stop for a break.

Comment

Set up a notification on an e-bay search. That way, if someone lists one for sale later, you will know right away.
                  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
                  1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                  1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Cheers, didn't know that was a thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X