Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought riding in AZ heat was a biatch!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Uhaul has bike trailers. Around here they rent for $14.99 a day plus tax! All my friends ask me why I don't buy a bike trailer? Why should I for the 5-6 times a year that I use one? I don't have storage, taxes, registration or maintenance on one, and they fix the roadside flats!
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/core/images/smilies/cool.png
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
      All three of my cars have hitches (even though the manual says not to tow with my two Scions). They are really handy to have when you need one for the occasional tow.
      I have two utility trailers that are about 5 ft wide and 8 ft long that I use to haul a bike. The tow weight is so small, I could tow a bike on one with a bike. LOL I doubt any car would notice they were back there, tow rated or not. Pushing a bike on a trailer around the yard is not as hard a pushing a loaded wheel barrow. heh
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
        All three of my cars have hitches (even though the manual says not to tow with my two Scions). They are really handy to have when you need one for the occasional tow.
        I've had a hitch on: 1970 Corvette (to haul my race tires & wheels), 1983 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24, 2000 Ford Focus, 2010 Chevrolet HHR, 2014 Ford Focus. Hauled bikes with the Focus's and HHR, NO PROBLEMO…
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Doesn't your insurance cover towing? State Farm sure does.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Last time a bike pooped out on me mid-ride (sudden battery death), I just happened to pull over next to a BlueIndy station. BlueIndy is a network of nifty little electric cars scattered all over Indianapolis, and I'm a member.

So I scanned my BlueIndy card, hopped in, drove to my house, extracted a battery from one of my other bikes, drove back, installed the battery and rode home. I think it was $15 or so for the rental.

Life isn't always so convenient, that's for sure.

And yeah, trailer hitches make cars a lot more useful. For a long time I had trailer hitches simply for bike carriers; I didn't bother to install light wiring until I had to rent a U-Haul trailer to pick up a bike I was buying.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I had a chain failure about 15 miles from home one day. Had to call my Mommy (LOL) to come and rescue me. She came and picked me up, drove me to my house. I grabbed the crusty truck, and my trailer, went back and got the bike. I live in rural farm land, likelihood of it not being there when I got back was REALLY slim...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

You're in AZ and summer to boot, carry water and keep a hat on the bike when you go out. And your shoes? Won't go there. It doesn't matter if you go 1 mile or 100 keep your bike supplied. I catch crap from the wife when she asks, do you have to bring all that?? She learned real quick.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  Doesn't your insurance cover towing? State Farm sure does.
                  State Farm will not cover towing for a Motorcycle - at least they won't for my bikes and I tried just three months ago to add it to my policy
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                  X