No announcement yet.

Beach cruiser GS 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sometimes wonder: Sexy bike but whadya do if you meet someone? Where does the girlfriend ride (or boyfriend, or any friend?) or do these people not meet any?

Comment

I don't know why anyone is getting upset over this. One, the guy did a really nice job. Two, he FINISHED the bike. Three, he didn't do it to MY bike. And Four, IT'S AN L ! ! ! He rescued that bike from certain rust. I wouldn't ride it, but I can appreciate it for what it is. Lighten up a little...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        ... Two, he FINISHED the bike. ...
        I guess we'll agree to disagree on that point. Saving a "L" form a barn or landfill is an admirable thing, though, and it is nicely done. Nobody's upset. We just all have cabin fever. Jonesing for good riding weather. Bored enough to pick apart somebody else's idea of a nice motorcycle build.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 02-27-2020, 07:05 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I can relate to that. I use the word "finished" lightly, as it does still need some road legal items added still. But, after all he did to it, that stuff is the easy part. I just meant that he didn't get half way through hacking it to hail, and then posting it for sale as a "project" for $3000.00... The guy clearly has some skills. It would be cool to find out what he actually started with. Read about it full on "build thread" style.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            Beautifully finished POS. What good is a bike if it can't be ridden?
            Couldn't have said it better.

At least it started with an L, plus, it has a tiny rear fender and a rear spring. The common single seat with no rear fender combo invites the opportunity to be dragged down between the tire and bottom of the seat by the balls. A questionable engineering feature, at best.

No worse than a chopper, in the end, I suppose. Not sure how the beach fits into it. The world is full of 650 Ls.
            Last edited by 850 Combat; 02-27-2020, 06:34 PM.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
              It's a beach cruiser, meant for hunting tacos

Not for actual riding
              I had a good chuckle at this comment--it's more for static display then...

Beautifully modified but not practical.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Working...
              X