No announcement yet.

Looking for feedback on mid-80's GS550L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good decision, The "T" models were sorta' half way between a standard & a cruiser, heck for me a lot nicer than an "L". Plus the roller crankshaft. Should be a great project. Body parts may be a little harder to find, not near as many "T" models around as the "L" & standard models. Good luck & How bout some pictures?
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Having trouble loading pics, maybe mine are too large, so below is a link to imgur. I have the fenders, currently not mounted and covered in spray paint but appear to be salvageable. Seat pan is toast, so I'll have to find a replacement, make something, or go aftermarket. Signals are original an in decent shape, but I'll need to find a headlight. The missing headlight, panels, and seat were all known and factored into price.

The tank has multiple layers of spray paint covering the original red color. The black engine is a surprise. It appears to be original factory paint, but I thought all models had silver engines.

Given the condition, I'll probably just go for minor mods or cafe style rather than bringing back to full original. I'll work on the engine and roadworthiness before styling.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
      Last edited by sacruickshank; 11-30-2020, 07:12 AM.
      Current rides: GS650L, GS550T, GL500, GL1100, Bonnie, Triumph Adventurer, Guzzi California

Comment

Working...
      X