Bike of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike of the month

I don’t know how to put up my gs for bike of the month so throwing it here. The 1982 gs1100ez was my dads favorite bike even though he was service manager at town center Yamaha Kawasaki so he ended up getting one a decade later but ended up getting stage 4 cancer so I bought us both two low mile ones and had chef put in dynajet kits in gsxr carbs in his mint blue 1983 and my 10,000 mile sand colored 1982 it was a fun experience. I think it made him happy. ✌️
    1982 GS1100E 1983 GS1100E

This was the one I put Gsxr carbs in for my dad his 1983 with 16,000 miles in that beautiful blue.

Comment

Chef dialed in the gsxr carbs pretty perfect not a single flat spot.

Comment

To submit your bike, go to the Homepage and click on the BOTM link. It will get you where you need to be!
        Ron
        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/core/images/smilies/cool.png
        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

OOhhhh, opinions. I've got an "83" GS1100E in that lowly, dark, dank, hideous, sinister, with no contrast with the black eng and exhaust blue. Hated them when in the showroom, hated them when I bought mine, and still hate the appearance today, great bike but gawd awful ugly. Now those "82" champagne color 1100E's look soooo good.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            ...those "82" champagne color 1100E's look soooo good.
            As we've just learned, it's "Sand" color. Like you, I also don't believe "black cars look better in the shade." But it's been scientifically proven that the '83 red looks best.
            Opinions are like armpits - everybody's got one. (And they stink.)
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I've always been fond of your scientifically proven "opinions".... They're still opinions. Champagne is the prettiest of the 4, That's my opinion and it ourght to be yours
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by batterup View Post
                This was the one I put Gsxr carbs in for my dad his 1983 with 16,000 miles in that beautiful blue.
                The bikes sound great. Good to hear Barrett in the background
                Current Bikes
                1980 Suzuki GS 1000G
                1973 Suzuki GT 185 (The tiddler)
                "Live to die, die to live"

Comment

Thanks for the info where to put in for bike of the month and being cool. The champagne/sand was bought from the original owners son he bought the optional Wes Cooley fairing in the sand color and the yoshimura exhaust was a Suzuki option so those are pretty sweet I’ve done quite a bit since the old YouTube videos so hopefully it’ll get on there someday. Ohlins shocks galfer brake lines 3 phase regulator rectifier dyna s ignition etc. My dad was the service manager at Town center Yamaha Kawasaki but always loved these because of the power and comfort aspect so that was his pull towards these bikes. I just got one when he got sick to work on them together and have the same bike it is a great bike. His blue has a yoshumura exhaust also I believe it was a one off for racing it has the yoshumira stamped in aluminum on the back and is shorter he got it on eBay long ago for like $20 or something because it was flattened on the underside badly but my best friends mom blows glass and he used a socket the size of the pipe and that super hot gas torch to get it red hot and made it like new no dents at all pretty awesome. Good catch on the Syd Barrett

Last edited by batterup; 07-06-2024, 05:31 PM.

Comment

That's a very cool bike. Air-cooled in-line fours rock!
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by batterup View Post
                      Thanks for the info where to put in for bike of the month and being cool. The champagne/sand was bought from the original owners son he bought the optional Wes Cooley fairing in the sand color and the yoshimura exhaust was a Suzuki option so those are pretty sweet I’ve done quite a bit since the old YouTube videos so hopefully it’ll get on there someday. Ohlins shocks galfer brake lines 3 phase regulator rectifier dyna s ignition etc. My dad was the service manager at Town center Yamaha Kawasaki but always loved these because of the power and comfort aspect so that was his pull towards these bikes. I just got one when he got sick to work on them together and have the same bike it is a great bike. His blue has a yoshumura exhaust also I believe it was a one off for racing it has the yoshumira stamped in aluminum on the back and is shorter he got it on eBay long ago for like $20 or something because it was flattened on the underside badly but my best friends mom blows glass and he used a socket the size of the pipe and that super hot gas torch to get it red hot and made it like new no dents at all pretty awesome. Good catch on the Syd Barrett
                      I had a red 83' but always wanted the dark blue one.
                      Nice bike batterup.

Comment

Thanks Rob & grcamna2 the blue 83 is my dads sort of a present for him and the champagne/sand is mine chef1966 did the rebuild and dynajet stage 3 on the gsxr carbs on both bikes and what a upgrade.10-15 hp increase and not a flat spot pretty wild they bolt right on. I think they are amazing looking and the power is super fun Only streetbike ive had and it was super fun doing upgrades over the years. I have the factory wes cooling fairing option painted champagne but the seattle suzuki didnt drill the holes straight on the original windscreen back in 1982 so i have to find a cooley windscreeen undrilled or just drill new holes and it will look even sharper with factory fairing. Just put it up for bike of the month some day will see..
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                        X