A New to me 1978 GS 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New to me 1978 GS 750

Got my hands on a 1978 GS 750 that was not well maintained, but not too beat up. So going to be lurking and asking newb questions about this bike, and consider this your warning.

Thanks Guys!

Welcome Newb. Heck we're nosey, little more info., new to bikes or old bike guy? Bike running or not running? been stored inside or under shade tree? maroon or blue "C" model or black "E" or non oem paint? See warned we may be nosey.. Some here may say pictures "required" but really just appreciated.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Welcome. Yes pics are required. We let rphillips get away with not posting any because he says he’s old and doesn’t know how to with his flip phone. Yes, we would like very much to see pics. If you can’t see my name and a bunch of links at the bottom of my post, you need to turn on signatures. Go to the top of the page and pull down your username. Go to Profile. Edit Settings. Account tab. If not already checked, Check the boxes to view signatures and view avatars. Below that is a link to create a signature. Create your signature then be sure to save changes.​

Where in Eastern PA are you?
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hi GS-Newb and welcome to the forum.

I had a 1978 GS 750E back in the early 90's. Totally stock except for a 4 to 1 exhaust. Only needed to have one valve shim replaced due to a tight valve. It rode faster than I was prepared to push it.

You'll find tons of knowledge on this forum and, as previously stated, pics are almost mandatory here.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X