X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from FL:gs750 Suzuki

Edited
    Due to changes
    Last edited by Ernesto d; 08-31-2024, 09:44 PM.

Welcome. Great intro. Thanks for sharing. As for picture, you’ve gone the first step and set up an Imgur account. I’ve written a blurb about how to post more and better pics in a post. Go to post 6 in this thread. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...m-I-just-lame=

It’s also linked in my signature. If you can’t see signatures, go to top of page, pull down your username, My Profile, Edit Settings, Account tab. Check the boxes to view signatures and avatars. There is also a link there to create your own signature.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-26-2024, 03:04 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

mains are to small for that pipe, message me will give you my phone #, i live in cedar key not far, probably easy fix. Vance and Hines use to give suggestion of were to start ball part on mains,you may be able to find that on line, carbs may need a good cleaning after all these years, look in manual bottom out pilots gently and turn out to secs, forget as for older VM types next gen CV i put at 2.5 turns to start for instance

Comment

oh yeah hello, since you live in FLA only use marine fuel blue handle at most every gas station in the state, specially in that old GS it deserves it

Comment

Originally posted by hhart View Post
          oh yeah hello, since you live in FLA only use marine fuel blue handle at most every gas station in the state, specially in that old GS it deserves it
          I'll message you. Also, I'll look as to where to find blue handle marine fuel. Does 89-93 do well in these machines at ?

Comment

Welcome Ern, I've a soft spot as a "77" GS750 was my first real bike. He bought it when you were 6 mo. old, wondering if he bought it "new" when you were 6 mo. old? Pictures show a great looking survivor. Congrats to you and him both... Not that it matters, but is there a reason the front fender is on bass akwards??? Like said Welcome and Congrats.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
              Welcome Ern, I've a soft spot as a "77" GS750 was my first real bike. He bought it when you were 6 mo. old, wondering if he bought it "new" when you were 6 mo. old? Pictures show a great looking survivor. Congrats to you and him both... Not that it matters, but is there a reason the front fender is on bass akwards??? Like said Welcome and Congrats.
              Is it really? Lol
              He bought it off the showroom floor. It was the last of the 77s at the store at that time

Comment

Welcome on [the] board.
                Could you elaborate on the symptoms?
                GS1000G '81

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
                  Welcome on [the] board.
                  Could you elaborate on the symptoms?
                  I've got too small jets I imagine.
                  I'm dipping and cleaning the carbs and going to start with higher jet sizes.

Comment

Typically, adding a header does not require rejetting, if the stock airbox is used. If pushed, you could bump the main one size or so. The K&N in the airbox could lean the mixture a small bit, but not much. Most likely, the running problems trace to needed maintenance. Check my signature for the Newbie Mistakes thread. You should go through that and catch up all the maintenance before doing anything more.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                      Typically, adding a header does not require rejetting, if the stock airbox is used. If pushed, you could bump the main one size or so. The K&N in the airbox could lean the mixture a small bit, but not much. Most likely, the running problems trace to needed maintenance. Check my signature for the Newbie Mistakes thread. You should go through that and catch up all the maintenance before doing anything more.
                      Yessir
                      I've read it a couple of times.
                      I've gone down the list and worked through a few of the items.
                      Once the carbs are on, I'm going to check valve clearance and adjust if needed.
                      I'm going to have to educate myself on checking the timing as it has an electronic ignition my dad put on it.

I've enjoyed the read and it was eye opening... This old bike is.

Comment

Originally posted by hhart View Post
                        mains are to small for that pipe, message me will give you my phone #, i live in cedar key not far, probably easy fix. Vance and Hines use to give suggestion of were to start ball part on mains,you may be able to find that on line, carbs may need a good cleaning after all these years, look in manual bottom out pilots gently and turn out to secs, forget as for older VM types next gen CV i put at 2.5 turns to start for instance
                        I bought the exact same V&H pipe brand new a few years ago for my '78 GS750, the docs in the box said with stock airbox & filter no jet changes required. I've probably still got the info sheet somewhere.
                        1978 GS750C

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                          I plan to revisit your page before I start it up as well. I'm vacillating since I'd love to limit that amount of times I pull that carbs. haha

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                            You'll be happy to note that I switched the front fender around. haha

Comment

Oh, I'm happy no matter what. Now, have you got the little rubber speedo cable holder that goes in the hole?... I can just keep coming up with stuff.
                              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X