No announcement yet.

New member with GS650E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I just wanted to let you guys know she is running after a month. I bought her and she wouldn't run without choke and since then I did a BS "carb clean", valve adjustment, exhaust header gaskets, evaporusted the tank, new air box and adjusted the idle mixture screws. And then when it still didn't run I pulled the carbs apart, stripped them, dipped them, replaced the o-rings, bench synced them, vacuum synced them, and adjusted the idle mixture screws. Oh and I also pulled the clutch apart and soaked the plates in oil to free them up.

Now I need to tighten the exhaust bolts to fix the exhaust leak and figure out why it's impossible to get her into neutral with the bike running. Thanks for all the help guys. And to all the new guys... Do it right the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by huntb View Post
      I'm from Michigan actually and sorry if I forgot to clarify... I am an (Electrical) engineer .

I think GS owners included a larger representation of electrical engineers, electricians and electrical technicians than the general public. And that is probably not a random chance.

WHere in Mich....?

Well I just wanted to let you guys know she is running after a month.
      .!
      Thanks for update.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        I think GS owners included a larger representation of electrical engineers, electricians and electrical technicians than the general public. And that is probably not a random chance.

WHere in Mich....?

Thanks for update.

Grand Haven, just down the road from the beach!

Comment

Grand Haven, just down the road from the beach!
          Ah . . . .

Like this road . . .

Keep an eye out for this bike:

or maybe:

I am just outside of town.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X