Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding diary

Do any of you keep a riding diary?

I don't know what else to call it, but every time I start the bike, I note the date and mileage. If any problems were encountered, work done, etc. I note that also.

I couldn't give you a straightforward answer to "why?" other than I've got lots of free time (I don't work), and when I'm not riding, I like to be reading or writing about it.

I'm sure 99% of folks on this type of forum keep maintenance records; what I'm talking about is a day-by-day history.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

No, but it's a good idea. Although wouldn't this be considered "evidence" in light of some of your other threads?
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I plead the fifth, your honor.

And your daughter? I swear, my hands never left my body. I mean her body. I mean, may I call my lawyer?
      Last edited by Rob S.; 09-18-2014, 05:14 AM.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I don't, interferes with my riding time.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
        X