Newbie with a GS850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with a GS850

I just picked up a free,1982 gs850. I've got tons of questions! And need lots of parts! I have NO IDEA where to look. I'm looking forward to this project and can't wait to chat with y'all

First of all, where are you located? You will find everything you need to get your Zuk running on this forum. It will take a bit of elbow grease and some frustrating moments, however it will be well worth it in the end. Check out Basscliffe's website for the rundown on cleaning carbs, and follow them to the letter. For parts check out Z1 Enterprises. Good luck with the reno.

Comment

You're going to love the 850. As Phred said, follow Bass Cliff's guidance & the results will keep you smiling. Do give us more info on your bike & you. Post a pix. Good luck & enjoy. Z1 is where I go for my parts. They are all so helpful.

Comment

Glad you choose a good solid bike, and they can be a joy to ride. Things to watch for and some of the problems I've had with my bike is the Regulator, Rectifier (R/R), the fuse box should be thrown away and the glass fuses replaced with blade types. I've had the seat redone with a non-slip texture up front, the airbox (great when they work) needs a close inspection and cleaning, the rubbers between the carbies and the head and the ones from the carbies to the airbox need replacing if stiff. I replaced my brake lines with the metal type hoses, and the front master cylinder cup tends to be brittle with age.
        Mines an 1981 model that has 20,000'kilometers on it and it's a keeper after a rebuild. So spend some love on it and she'll repay you with easy cruising miles, with a bit of grunt under the seat.

Comment

Working...
        X