No announcement yet.

Restoring a Kat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard. Looks like some quality work you've done in the past. I look forward to seeing whay you do with the Kat.
    Member 300KPH did a gorgeous Kat resto last year.

My cousin has an old Ducati 250 possibly similar to what yours started life as, although im not familiar with the breed.

http://
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

What's the aversion to photo hosting sites?Just wondering because I like my Photobucket account.Like it even better one I but the Adblocker on.

Comment

For me it's just another site/step to work through or have. With Facebook I just take a picture with my phone hit the share button and the picture directly uploads to my Facebook account. At that point I just go to my PC then insert the URL into the GSR.... Done. One less site and I hate having to upload through a USB cord... I'm also on Facebook allot with my Siblings, friends and family. So I'm well versed with the site.
        Less steps is always a perk for me...
        Last edited by Jedz123; 01-25-2015, 02:48 PM.
        Jedz Moto
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2002 Honda Reflex 250
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
        2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
        Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Anybody recognize the front brake on this Duc?

Comment

Looks like early Buffalo brakes on your beauty.
            The KZ is very nice. I really like seeing the calipers on the engine side of the fork legs unlike so many of the kitted Z-1s.
            Spokes rule!
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

love the little duke its as cute as

ozman

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Looks like early Buffalo brakes on your beauty.
                The KZ is very nice. I really like seeing the calipers on the engine side of the fork legs unlike so many of the kitted Z-1s.
                Spokes rule!
                ding ding ding! Yep, a modified 72 GT750 zook front drum. It was lightened and machined down to fit between the forks of a 65 Norton Atlas, I further modified it to fit this tiny Ducati and put a 280mm front Hub from a YamahaTD factory racer on the Norton.

I remember the different caliper placement stuff from when I was researching the the restoration on the Kaw but now the details escape me... But it does look good.

The Kaw could have been someones dream bike when I got it because it was highly kitted with all the cool goodies of the day; 29mm smoothbores (which are still on the bike), braced swingarm, progressive shocks, Dyna ignition (also still there) kerker, pods, lester mags, I sold it all on ebay... The bike barely ran and had just about every problem possible when I took it home. I rode it about 40 miles home without knowing that the swingarm nut had come off and the spindle was slowly working itself out the side of the frame. I was on a busy freeway just hanging on while the bike violently swayed back and forth in my lane. My wife was following me in the car and she said she thought it was about to go down at any moment... On top of that almost every bearing in the frame and wheels were shot. What makes that so cool is how absolutely awesome the bike rides down the road now with everything fixed. It's like a showroom fresh bike from back in the 70's.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-26-2015, 12:56 AM.

Comment

THAT is sexy!! nicely done!

-Nate

Comment

Working...
                  X