The one that came back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one that came back

I am so happy because today I got my old '77 GS750 back that I sold about 4 years ago. I used to be active on this forum but, of course, when I sold my GS I stopped. Spent a lot of time and money fixing up the old beast with a lot of help form this group but then decided to get out of old bikes and buy a new one. I always regretted that decision.

Browsing through the local Kijiji the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes but there was my old bike, looking just like when I sold it. Turns out the guy that bought it had a crash (on different bike) and has been laid up for last couple of years so the bike only has about 3000 km more than when I sold it. He is a very knowledgeable biker and has 4 other GS's including a '78 GS550 with only 7000 kms.

Anyway here is a shot of the old girl.

Brian

IMG-20150222-02501.jpg

Cool. Glad you were able to buy it back. Can't imagine ever selling my bikes. Where are you? With your handle I'm assuming you are somewhere in Canada...I can see snow in the back ground so I also know you aren't close to me.
    Maybe put up your location??
    Welcome back!
    No signature :(

Comment

Welcome back, Brian.
      I hope you told the seller about this great site.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome, and cool on the fact that your bike came home......My regrettably sold 1150e is out there......somewhere..... I hope.
        Nice looking bike also.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Congrats on the re-nab of your old machine!!! One thing I've learned is I really regretted selling the bikes I LOVED to ride. I was very very fortunate to get my first liter/ super standard back; my Bandit 1200. Well I pick it up in less then a month but it was a FANTASTIC bike that hurt to let go initially.

So congrats again and welcome back!!!

-Jedz
          Jedz Moto
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2002 Honda Reflex 250
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
          2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
          Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Welcome back, Brian.
            I hope you told the seller about this great site.
            Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be back. I think the seller is a member of this site already because when I mentioned it to him he seemed to know all about it. He has a couple of GS1000's, a 750, and the gorgeous 550 so he certainly knows his way around GS's.

brian

Comment

Welcome back to the nut hole. Sounds like a pretty good reunion there, glad it worked out for you.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Great story ! Maybe you should give her a name like Boomerang or Boomer for short.
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

Working...
                X