Greetings from West Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from West Wales

Mid 50's, I have been riding since I was 11 years old except for a 11 gap from 94 to 2005 when I got my current ride a 1981 GS650L. It was an impulse buy to get back on the road after the divorce from wifey #1, though it has been a great motor which was for about 6 years my only mode of transport including a 2 year spell living in Amsterdam. I am from Cardiff but now live in West Wales, beautiful riding except for the tractors, cow****, log lorries, milktrucks etc..... but always stunning views which suits my reduced pace these days. I also have a 1990 Honda Revere 600 and wifey #2 has a marauder. The GS is having a facelift at this time since about 3 days ago so I'll post some pics of it when it reappears but here is one of it taken last year on MOT day. I work as an archaeologist and have done for more than 20 years so I use a RAV4 as my regular work transport these days though I used to use the GS with various tools strapped to it or sticking out of a very large backpack or jumbo panniers.

Suzuki today 1.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2015, 11:47 AM.

Welcome! Gotta love the 650

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Welcome! Gotta love the 650

cg
      Thanks for the welcome CharlieG and yeh, the 650 was a good choice for my then return to biking 10 years back. A shame I only found this forum so recently, lot of good info already found on here and lots more to be discovered.

Regards,

Jerry BB.

Comment

Welcome to another Brit.

Another GSer lives in Lampeter. Is that near you?

Greetings
        Richard
        sigpic
        GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
        GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
        Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
        Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Welcome to the GS funhouse. Nice bike!

I've never been to the U.K., let alone Wales, but from what I've seen in movies and TV shows it looks like some beautiful country.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the site, great picture by the way. My moms from Whales, visited there when I was a kid. Great country....but you people all seem to be a bit nuts. Don't get me wrong, great to party with but holy cow... Again, welcome to the site.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
              Welcome to another Brit.

Another GSer lives in Lampeter. Is that near you?

Greetings

Hi Richard and thanks for the welcome.

I live 8 miles from Lampeter so I'll have to keep an eye out for the other GSer from there.

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                Welcome to the GS funhouse. Nice bike!

I've never been to the U.K., let alone Wales, but from what I've seen in movies and TV shows it looks like some beautiful country.
                Thanks Charles for the welcome. There is some beautiful scenery here in Wales, mind you there is plenty in the US from what I hear and have seen, wive #2 is from near Boston Ma.

Here is one from when I lived in the Nederlands.
                2010_0923B4n2ers0007.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  Welcome to the site, great picture by the way. My moms from Whales, visited there when I was a kid. Great country....but you people all seem to be a bit nuts. Don't get me wrong, great to party with but holy cow... Again, welcome to the site.
                  Thanks ASR for the welcome. You don't have to be nuts to live here, but a lot like to party hard as did I when younger though I am fairly mellow these days.

One of me in my younger days back in the early 80's with my first GS.
                  gs 750 scan 2a.jpg

Comment

I'd say those archeology skills will come in useful digging into POs activities on the machine.
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                      I'd say those archeology skills will come in useful digging into POs activities on the machine.
                      Hi Brendan,

I know one of the former owners, she is a pole dancer and is always glad to see the bike is still on the road. As I already mentioned, I have had it 10 years now so most of whats wrong with it is of my own doing!

Regards,

Jerry BB.

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                        I love to see all you over seas guys starting to pop on! Be sure to post in the did you go for a ride thread. I love seeing all the scenery that fellow GSR members ride in. I'm a bit envious of your market, so many bikes we US guys can't get our hands on that you have over there. Oh well.
                        Enjoy the sight and look forward to seeing you around!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2002 Honda Reflex 250
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
                        2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
                        Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryBB View Post
                          Hi Brendan,

I know one of the former owners, she is a pole dancer

Jerry BB.
                          From an archaeological perspective, do you "dig" her?
                          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                          1983 GS 1100 G
                          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                            From an archaeological perspective, do you "dig" her?
                            No comment

Comment

Working...
                            X