Greetings from Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Australia!

Gday from Down Under, just came across this site and felt compelled to join.

im the owner of a GSX1100EF (GS1150 as they are called in the USA).

image.jpg

1428cc, Dyna 2000 Ign, Mikuni RS40 Carbs, and lots of other goodies!

Comment

Gday mate, nice looking bike you have there.

Comment

troopmaster that bike is bad azz!
        i sent a link to this site today to an aussie on ebay i spoke with.

Comment

Howdy Mate welcome aboard.

What part of aus are you in?
          GED

1980 GS850G (BLACK)
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=185562
          1980 GS850G (RED) http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=219169
          1980 GS850G (SILVER) (Coming soon)

There are old riders and there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders!!!!!!

Comment

Morning, nice looking bike.
            And there are a few Aussies on this forum, I'm in Perth WA (the Americans confuse it with WA: Washington).

Comment

Welcome. Washington with Western Australia? Nice bike.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I mean this in a good way...what a brute!
                Welcome to the site.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hi Blowerbike, yes, that was me. 👍

Comment

Hello all, thanks for the love!
                    FYI, I'm in "Adelaide, South Australia", I've owned this "GS" since about 1989, and she has had a few different guises.
                    She has always been my "Streeter", but has also lived on the Drag Strip for quite a few years, best ET: 9.20@150mph with my old 1327 in the Chassis.
                    I retired her from racing back in 2004 when the 1327 lunched itself down the 1/4 Mile, and turned her into what you see here.
                    There are a few more mods in the wind before I stop modifying her, these mods are mainly "Bolt on" mods such as BST Rims, Ohlins R&T Forks, and Billett Brembo Calipers, so watch this space, as the parts are arriving as of last week.
                    I will post some more pics for you too see.

Comment

Comment

So troopie, is that a fuel injected model, or just carbies? I'm pretty impressed with tuned length exhausts, and the amount of work that must of gone into this monster. Do you have any horsepower specs that you want to share, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
                          So troopie, is that a fuel injected model, or just carbies? I'm pretty impressed with tuned length exhausts, and the amount of work that must of gone into this monster. Do you have any horsepower specs that you want to share, cheers.
                          Howdy sinkankan, as mentioned earlier, RS40 Mikuni's.
                          No Dyno figures for you, but over 200 at the rear wheel.
                          1428 built by Trevor Birrel Racing, until his recent retirement from Drag Racing here in OZ, Trevor was/is the most winningest Pro Stock Bike Owner/Builder/Crew Chief over here.
                          So after a while you get a fair idea on what HP your building into a motor.
                          Trevor is now running a "Forgotten Era" Race Team here in OZ.

Comment

G'day and welcome to the forum. Nice looking bike. Would love to see it in person some day. Always been a dream of mine to visit Australia.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Hey mate, welcome! Good to see another Aussie on board... and very nice bike there!!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X