New guy from Oklahoma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from Oklahoma.

My name is Tim and I picked this little porker last December. It ran when I got it but it needs a little love. Carbs need gone through and it's got some wiring and (spoiler alert) charging issues. It also doesn't roll as easily as I think it should but I'll get thos things worked out. This is my first motorsickle. I did ride it as soon as I got it to idle consistently and man, what a feeling. I've come to the conclusion that 2 wheels are way more fun than four. My step dad got me into the older UJM style of bike. He's got a GS750 and has had KZs and CBs so when I went looking for a bike, I had my eye on something like this. I've currently got the side panels, tank and carbs off of it and I'm getting a parts list together so I can start getting her back to 100%.

Where at in Okieland? I am in Norman. If close enough your always welcome to bring it over and we can get at it.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Welcome to the site.
      Yup, it usually only takes one ride to decide bikes are more fun than cars.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

From a Dork to an Idiot I say.......welcome. looks like a clean ride you've got there. Good luck with it and enjoy.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          Where at in Okieland? I am in Norman. If close enough your always welcome to bring it over and we can get at it.
          I'm actually in OKC near the fair grounds.

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          From a Dork to an Idiot I say.......welcome. looks like a clean ride you've got there. Good luck with it and enjoy.
          Thanks. The pic came from the guy I bought the bike from. It's not quite that clean any more but It's still pretty good.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Welcome to the site. Yup, it usually only takes one ride to decide bikes are more fun than cars.
          Thank ya. Looking forward to learning more about my death machine.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

You and dad need any assistance just holler
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

You and dad need any assistance just holler
              Thanks. I will. And when I get her Up and going, We'll go for a ride. How's that sound?

Comment

Bet your azz we are gonna ride!! Meet over at the Hooters off 40 and Penn some Thursday at bike night.

Comment

Welcome!!!
                  Yes 2 wheels are much better then cage's! I'm worth twice as much in motorcycles then my car... There's a reason for that! Anyway good luck with sorting out your electrical issues, great resources here! Also an awesome support system. We tend to stick together even off the forum.
                  Good luck bud and enjoy the bike!!!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2002 Honda Reflex 250
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
                  2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
                  Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Bet your azz we are gonna ride!! Meet over at the Hooters off 40 and Penn some Thursday at bike night.
                    Well, I'm hoping to have the bike all hunky dory by the end of next month so yea, when I get her all good, we'll do a bike night.

Comment

Working...
                    X