New to site, glad to find you all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to site, glad to find you all.

Hi, all. This is my bike anxiously awaiting springtime where I live, near the Continental Divide and the headwaters of the Rio Grande. Looking forward to learning from all of you and contributing what I can to the information mine here.

IMG1541-1.jpg

Been a long time since I was a junior anything. I'll take it!

Comment

Hi ya, Geezer.
      Love seeing pics of bikes with snow in the background.
      Been a long time since i was that hardcore.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Recent seat mod: carved off 2" of foam, reupholstered. Lower center of gravity, wider stance with feet down.
        IMG1523.jpg
        Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

LOVE that picture....and welcome.
          You might enjoy this.

sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Nice to meet you, Steve. Up here at 10,000 feet it's ALWAYS hardcore, and usually hard cold. Full leathers over layers helps.

Comment

welcome!
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

welcome!

Nice upholstery work.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it out. Can I just call you db? Dorkburger hurts what's left of my brain.

Comment

Hey Charlie, thanks! Two Dogs in South Fork did the skin after I carved and smoothed it. She also reupholstered a stock seat for me in the same color scheme.Nice photo resizing! How'd you do that?

Comment

Once someone posts a photo to the forum , I just right click and copy and paste to a post I make. A better way for you to post pictures is to load them to a site like "Photobucket" and copy and paste IMG code to a thread post. I was a slow learner at this and it took me about a year to make heads and tails of it. Good luck.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g

Comment

All my internet stuff is through my cell phone, and internet is sketchy up here at best. I'll figure it out over time. Siskyou, huh? I'll be riding to Sacramento in June, up the Lost Coast, and on to Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming before returning to Colorado in late July.
                        Attached Files

Comment

You should stay in touch. I don't need much of an excuse to run to the coast (Eureka or Brookings) to meet a new GS'er. You might note this thread.... http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...-roads-edition Never know you might want to go to Oregon first
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Thanks. I'll check it out. Can I just call you db? Dorkburger hurts what's left of my brain.
                            Absolutely, most here do. Glen is fine also.
                            Last edited by dorkburger; 03-09-2015, 10:55 PM.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Imo,a White/Red 83 GS750ES is one of the best looking bikes to ever come out of Japan. Curvy front end with a nice tail.....
                              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
                              X