Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forum. Love my GS450

Hi folks!

My name is Lee. I live in N. Illinois near Winnebago. I have owned a GS450L for nearly a year. Bought last June with 8,000 miles managed to put nearly 6,000 miles on her before the snow hit. I love the handling, how nimble it is and how fun it is to drive. It is my first Suzuki. Though I am 46 I only started riding 5 years ago. A family member was killed on a motorcycle when I was 10 and the whole family sold their bikes. Before I got a chance to ride they were taboo in the family.
    When I reached 40 I figured I was old enough to do what the heck I want so I took the safety course offered through the State Of Il. What started out as a way to save gas on the way to work has turned into a passion. This is my third bike and the only one I own currently. I live on a farm in Winnebago and commute to Freeport Il which is about 30 miles one way. I can either take a 4 lane state highway or a twisty 2 lane road. Both are surrounded by cornfields. Other than deer I love riding in the country. Thanks for this forum. I got lots of help and met some nice people in the CX500 Forum. I this one seems just as good. Thanks again,

Lee

Honda Nighthawk 250
    Honda CX500
    Suzuki GS450

Welcome

I too love my 4 1/2 as well. I have found it to be an endearing bike.

I continually meet people who have been attacked by deer around my parts so please be careful.

Comment

Welcome Aboard!!!
      Another twin to join!!! Awesome! I understand about the bike taboo. My uncle nearly died in an MC accident ridding a brand new (then) 86 GSX-R1100. Spooked the whole family and as I grew up was told MC's were stupid and dangerous... I got into about 9 years ago when I was 22 and staterd out on a GS750L. I ride about 20K miles a year now but still keep to my roots and have my GR650 to remind me of the good ole' days of first ridding on a classic Zuk.
      Glad you broke the mold too and are on 2 wheels. Great bunch of guys on here. Be sure to post pics of your bike for we all love looking at each others machines. I know this winter has been extremely long but we are finally seeing some breaks!!!!
      I had a CX500 too, nice commuter rig but it was too boring. I find the GS twins to have a little more personality (and weigh a bunch less). I also had a CM200 Twin Star. That was a blast! I ended up selling it for twice as much as I bought it for. Whats your primary ride?
      Welcome again! Look forward to seeing your bikes!
      -Jedz
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Welcome Lee! I love my 450 too
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Welcome Lee, I'm new too and I'm also loving my gs450! Like you, my main threat is not traffic, but a surprise deer leaping out of a cornfield.

Comment

Working...
          X