Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Norway

Good evening, fellas!

I am a 28 year old guy from Norway who just signed up for the forum.
    I am picking up a 1982 GSX 1100E tomorrow, and given that i have some time to spare and itchy fingers I'll might aswell post here.

The sled is, like mentioned, a 1982 model and is really not a looker. :P However, the engine was changed to a 1984 model by a workshop in 1998. The owner still has the reciept.
    Other than that there are various upgrades around the bike. Öhlins rear shocks and 4-1 exhaust to name some.
    The previous owner also had it in for a major service last year where almost everything was checked and repaired. Bearings, battery, wire harness, seals, brakes, etc, etc. With reciept for the whole job. I was also given a Mikuni 36mm carb-rack from a gsxr which he said probably would be bolt on with some adjustments. I have no idea if he is right or not, but since he was giving it away I thought I might as well take it.

This is my first bike, and i'm still trying to read up on the Suzuki GSX. The plan ahead is to get it into a somewhat cafe racer/bastard style.
    First up are small dials, mini flashers, new handlebar and bar end mirrors. Then i'll probably run it through the summer and try to chop the rear end over the winter hibernation.

Anyways. I'll pick it up tomorrow and won't really be running it until mid april. Anything specific to check up on before that time. Ofcourse i'll go over the fluids and the regular stuff, but i was thinking more if there are some model- or engine specific quirks that should be adressed right away. Any hints are appriciated.

I'll see if I can get some more photos after i have picked it up. These to are from the sellers ad and are really not the greatest.

Wish me luck!
    Attached Files

nice bike form the land of the ice and snow

hello and welcome

Comment

Great bike,ride safe!
      http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
      1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment