'79 GS425E and '02 1200s Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'79 GS425E and '02 1200s Bandit

Hello all. I'm new here but not to motorcycles. I ride a Suzuki Bandit 1200s and my wife rides a GS425E we bought last year. Her bike didn't run when we got it...but two spark plugs later, viola!

We put about 3K miles on her bike last year. Lot's of touring around the Pacific NW. Hopefully, we'll get more touring in this year...although her bike isn't running right now. That's what's brought me to this forum. Somebody named Juan Delgado mentioned this forum in a Youtube video so I'm here looking for a stator diagnostic sheet he was using. I'm sure I'll find it soon.

We love motorcycling. I've been doing it most of my life, my wife is very new. She just got her endorsement last year.

Welcome Aboard!
    Loads of good stuff here. I'm not at my computer at the moment, if I was I'd post a link to the self diagnosis of the charging system. I do recommend getting a digital volt meter. Best investment when you have an old GS in the stable.

B-12 is a great bike! Why I have one! It was my first liter bike and my first bike to put over 25k miles on. I prefer my Gen 1 over the Gen 2 but hey to each their own.

Welcome again! Good luck with your fix!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Here's a link for you: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

That web site will give as much info as you can handle for a while. There are tutorials on Stators, R/R, carb cleaning, and a bunch of other stuff. Bass Cliff is a member of this forum and he has compiled a boatload of info.

Welcome to the forum and say "Hello" to your wife, Viola

Comment

Working...
      X