Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From The Land of Sky Blue Waters and Minnesota Nice

Hey, boys and girls!

My name is Noah Nelson! I hail from the snowy, barren land that is Minnesota. Every two or three years, we get a week or two (if we're lucky) of 70º+ weather. So, we all thaw out and call it summer. During one of these rare heat spells, I got stupid and bought myself a motorcycle. An opportunity came up with a friend of mine to work out a deal to trade my 1986 BMW 535i (pictured below) for his '79 GS750 (plus some other fiscal compensation).

So, when I got it, it was modified quite a bit aesthetically.

However, mechanically and electrically, it's quite a bit of love . . . So, I took it apart.

Painted the tank and headlight bucket. And put it back together to see how it looks.

Am pleased.

Anyways, she's close to road worthy. Til then, I have these to drive.

I'll stop bragging now. Have a nice day!

-Noah

Nice looking bike, café not my cup of tea, but to each their own. You can find any info you need on this site and Basscliff's web page.

Comment

Nice intro and welcome to the site, Noah.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The title of your post reminds me of the old Hamms television ads.
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Going thru your photo bucket. Notice the "ls juan" is juan in one of thoes bmw's??
          Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

thought that was a gs when I saw the picture of it on one of the groups. e.w. maybe? or tce. something. anyhow whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
              Nice looking bike, café not my cup of tea, but to each their own. You can find any info you need on this site and Basscliff's web page.
              Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Nice intro and welcome to the site, Noah.
              Thanks, boys!

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
              The title of your post reminds me of the old Hamms television ads.
              Someone got the reference!

Originally posted by leedutcher View Post
              Going thru your photo bucket. Notice the "ls juan" is juan in one of thoes bmw's??
              Haha, not mine. A buddy of mine and his father are doing the swap into an e30. I'm just hilarious.

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
              thought that was a gs when I saw the picture of it on one of the groups. e.w. maybe? or tce. something. anyhow whats up.
              Oh, hey man! I'm on both of those sites and I'm a notorious photo-whore. Fancy meetin' you here.

Comment

Originally posted by KamakaziX View Post
                Oh, hey man! I'm on both of those sites and I'm a notorious photo-whore. Fancy meetin' you here.
                small world it is. username is different on E.W. though (the_bomber)

Comment

Working...
                X