Im now a GS owner! Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im now a GS owner! Cool

Hi, just thought id introduce myself. Got me a new race bike today. Havent actually ridden it yet cos the carbs are all gummed up and lots of bolts are loose as it was someone elses project that they abandoned nearing finishing it.
    Needed another race bike to keep me busy at the track so I can now race two classes. Currently racing a 89FZR1000 which is pretty serious (for an old bugger like me) with 140HP. Wanted something with a bit less power and my good mate races a Honda CB750 which I tried last time we were out and had great fun.
    Not much left of the GS really except stock engine and frame. Front end is GPZ1100, rear shocks are GSX 1400, swingarm is GSX1100,wheels are 17" RGV.
    See Picks. Should handle good? Don't know anything about these bikes. Only other Suzuki I owned was a Air cooled RM 250. Awesome bike.
    Love working on bikes as much as riding them, maybe even more. Needed another project as the three I already own are well sorted. Got the Yam FZR1000
    and a 85 Moto guzzi lemans 1000 and a Kawasaki H1 500 which ive owned for near on 30 years. Had lots of other bikes, mostly stink wheels, Always loved the stink wheels. The triple is the only one I kept.
    Im good with mechanicals. Fitter/turner by trade, now a welder. Totally rebuilt both the triple and the FZR chassis and gearbox and engines and both run great. The Guzzi is a bit weird and scares me a bit (you should see the special tools list in the manual) but at least its metric.
    I already have a couple of questions about the jizz engine but I will leave that for another thread. Sorry about the username (Jizracer) But ive always called my yammy FZR a Fizzer and I recon the GS Suzuki sounds like Jizzer

I do have one question for now.........See pick.....the pipe on my new bike, is this a known pipe? is it any good? My mate recons its Kiwi made.

Fun project, it looks like. Welcome to the forum. The pipe looks like it's gonna be a Kerker and then it isn't. Maybe it was modified to replace the muffler/baffle part.

Comment

I love it! Like to take that on some track days, love the engine, torquey midrange power.
      Those wheels look like post '98 GSX750F.
      Your other bikes all look great too, but too good, like you every mile you ride them, their resale value drops.
      Much prefer to get them dirty, than clean.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Great pictures, thanks for posting! The GS looks like a great project, lots of good parts on her for sure. There is a track forum on the thread as well. Welcome. Looking forward to the rebuild thread when you start it on the GS, you're other bikes look like you're a man for details, very nice.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I bet that Yammie is a blast to ride. Love that Roberts paint scheme too.
          Welcome to the site.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That one came from Darfield didn't it. I made the disc carriers for the last owner. Where are you ?
            I'm very familiar with these motors and have a pretty good shim selection too.
            Heavily involved with CAMS too. Know your FZR by sight but I don't think we've met.
            Drop me a PM if you wish.
            Oh, and the pipe is a ChCh made Sagar circa late 80's. Ted Sagar usually got the headers right but never did a good tailpipe...

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X