X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Netherlands

Hey everybody,

i wanted to introduce myself,

my name is Ben , and i got myself a gs750 from 1980, well, a box of parts really, i have been building it into a cafe-racer i dont know if its welcome then , but i will start a project thread soon..
    i have done some other projects in the past, (a 1992 GSXR and a '97 TL1000S) but i thought it was time for something more "oldschool"

here are some picture's of the bike when i got it..

and this is where i am with it at the moment.

i think it starting to look somewhat decent

Welcome to the site....

Nice build by the way......

And it's your bike, do what you want with it......I like it so far, even if I am not a big fan of that style, but as I said it looks good.....

Comment

Hi ya, Ben.
      Very nice intro.
      Many varieties of GS bikes on this site and we all like a quality build.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

1980 gs750 16v

Welcome Ben!

I like it! You've done very well in building this 750. By the way, I love the 750...I own two but only ride one...well, not at the moment.

Anyway, post more pics as you progress...

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

thanks guys!

got some more done on it... will make a topic soon..

Comment

Bike Fun

Moar (More) Pics Please!

I am SOOOO missing my bike. I need to relocate before I start maintenance on my "T". In the meantime, I will live vicariously through you! No Pressure.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hey Ed,

i just made a topic..

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

As I am away from home I will also live vicariously through your project.

Just as a coincidence there is a Dutch folk dance club visiting here and they were practicing in the basement of the building where I have my office.

Comment

Originally posted by GS-cafe View Post
                  Thanks Ben!

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Just saw this. Nice looking bike, even though I couldn't handle the clipons these days, I like the look. Looking forward to more progress. Welcome to the GSR. Ray
                    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
                    X