Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Good morning from Victoria BC.
    Recently picked up a 78 GS 750, enjoy it very much. Re living my youth with this bike. Had a GS 550 for a few years and an 82 GS 750 until someone stole it. Currently also have a 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere. Sorry about the finger in the photo.
    Doug

Welcome. Beautiful bike.

Comment

Hi Doug and welcome.
      In case you haven't found it yet there is a lot of useful stuff here http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      Very good looking machine. Many safe arrivals and happy miles.
      I take it from the wheelbarrow that it rains a lot there, ours is just like that
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Never worry about the finger in the photo Doug, we are all more interested in the bike and it's looking real good.

Hello and Welcome!!!

Comment

Never a great start giving people the finger in your first post

That is a nice looking bike, and a worthy addition to the crop that Trevor is hoarding in Saanich, not to mention the seemingly growing population of GSes in the rest of Victoria.

What kinds of trips do you like to do on the Super Tenere? That's a whole lot of adventure bike.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Trevor pointed me here. Thanks to him.
            The Tenere has taken me to Alaska, Arkansas and many places in between. They are heavy for serious dirt work but it is surprising where they will take a talented rider. They work well on gravel forest service roads and make a fair sport touring machine.The GS makes for a nice change of pace.
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug C View Post
              Trevor pointed me here. Thanks to him.
              The Tenere has taken me to Alaska, Arkansas and many places in between. They are heavy for serious dirt work but it is surprising where they will take a talented rider. They work well on gravel forest service roads and make a fair sport touring machine.The GS makes for a nice change of pace.
              Doug
              Watch out for Trevor!! Nice bike.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hey I recognize that bike. Welcome to the site Doug, she looks like a real clean example, congrats.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hey Doug, glad you found your way on here. The bikes looks great and it was nice seeing you and Bernie last night at the bike night. You and Bernie will have to come over to the garage some night soon. And don't listen to Charlie..

Cheers and see ya in the hood!

Victoria BC...The GS capital of the world!!!
                  No signature

Comment

Bike looks great, You've got a real jewel there.
                    1982 Suzuki GS750E
                    1979 Suzuki GS750E
                    1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2
                    1977 HD CR1000
                    1977 Kawasaki KZ400
                    1974 Honda CB750

Comment

Hahaha! The Finger? That caught my attention but not as much as the beautiful bike you own. Welcome.

Enjoy your way around here...seems like Trevor will be hosting a GS meeting in his garage. Just don't do any camping.

Ed
                      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-17-2015, 12:16 AM.
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                      X